Integrating to a winforms application with No Api?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gregory_may

    #1

    Integrating to a winforms application with No Api?

    I have a regular windows forms application that I need to automatically fill
    in some information into..... But the manufacture has no published API's or
    web services. Everything must be via their GUI.

    Is there some technique that would allow a .Net program to fill in any
    winforms text box with some information (from my own database pull)?

    Thanks!

    (I posted this on the Vb.Net form, but just realized the same technique
    could be adapted from c# as well).


  • Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

    #2
    Re: Integrating to a winforms application with No Api?

    It is a bit of a pain to write but you could use the
    WinAPI to send keystrokes. Look up SendKeys
    on google

    These api functions on calling mouse clicks may
    also come in handy or at least give you a good
    searching point.



    --
    Robbe Morris - 2004/2005 Microsoft MVP C#






    "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
    news:Oa7FRUpAGH A.2184@TK2MSFTN GP10.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
    >I have a regular windows forms application that I need to automatically
    >fill
    > in some information into..... But the manufacture has no published API's
    > or
    > web services. Everything must be via their GUI.
    >
    > Is there some technique that would allow a .Net program to fill in any
    > winforms text box with some information (from my own database pull)?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > (I posted this on the Vb.Net form, but just realized the same technique
    > could be adapted from c# as well).
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Frankie Leung

      #3
      Re: Integrating to a winforms application with No Api?

      It seems that you want to bind the textbox control to the column in the
      database table.
      In case of this, you can use the following method:
      textBox1.DataBi ndings.Add("Tex t", ds, "TableName.Colu mnName");
      , where ds is the DataSet object pointing the target database.

      The method used in the VB.NET and the C# will be more or less the same
      because they are using the same API. The only difference that I beleive
      is the syntax.

      By the way, what is the reason using the WinAPI to send keystroke to
      the program? It seems to be some kind of event handling technique for
      receiving the latest information. If so, I believe that it is a very
      good method.

      Hope this help.

      Best regards,
      Frankie Leung.

      Comment

      • Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

        #4
        Re: Integrating to a winforms application with No Api?

        I believe the poster wants to populate information in another
        executable that isn't his...

        --
        Robbe Morris - 2004/2005 Microsoft MVP C#






        "Frankie Leung" <FrankieNocturn e@gmail.com> wrote in message
        news:1134785932 .259052.273650@ g43g2000cwa.goo glegroups.com.. .[color=blue]
        > It seems that you want to bind the textbox control to the column in the
        > database table.
        > In case of this, you can use the following method:
        > textBox1.DataBi ndings.Add("Tex t", ds, "TableName.Colu mnName");
        > , where ds is the DataSet object pointing the target database.
        >
        > The method used in the VB.NET and the C# will be more or less the same
        > because they are using the same API. The only difference that I beleive
        > is the syntax.
        >
        > By the way, what is the reason using the WinAPI to send keystroke to
        > the program? It seems to be some kind of event handling technique for
        > receiving the latest information. If so, I believe that it is a very
        > good method.
        >
        > Hope this help.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Frankie Leung.
        >[/color]


        Comment

        • gregory_may

          #5
          Re: Integrating to a winforms application with No Api?

          I posted a new thread: Software Driving Software in .Net (Windows
          Accessibility?)

          I found this ... I think its the right track:

          http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...s/default.aspx


          "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
          news:Oa7FRUpAGH A.2184@TK2MSFTN GP10.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
          >I have a regular windows forms application that I need to automatically
          >fill
          > in some information into..... But the manufacture has no published API's
          > or
          > web services. Everything must be via their GUI.
          >
          > Is there some technique that would allow a .Net program to fill in any
          > winforms text box with some information (from my own database pull)?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > (I posted this on the Vb.Net form, but just realized the same technique
          > could be adapted from c# as well).
          >[/color]


          Comment

          Working...