user web control (ascx) textboxes will not position

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cindy

    #1

    user web control (ascx) textboxes will not position

    I have a web form I checked body tag it is
    <body ms_positioning= "FlowLayout ">

    I load a user control on form, all the textboxes position like they are in
    grid layout
    I cannot drag them. What am i missing
    I am doing something really dumb please help me.
    --
    cindy mello
  • Frisky

    #2
    Re: user web control (ascx) textboxes will not position

    Cindy,

    Did you already place the controls on the form prior to changing to
    FlowLayout? If you did, then those controls are already in GridLayout mode.
    You can tell they are because they will have a style attribute something
    like:

    style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 560px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 362px"

    The "POSITION: absolute;" part is what tells the browser to position where I
    say in the browser. In other words, not go with the flow. If you remove this
    from the style, they should turn back into flow objects. If you are not
    concerned about loosing other styles you have set, just remove the styles
    from each of the objects on the page.

    Hope this helps...

    Frisky


    "cindy" <cmello@communi ty.nospam> wrote in message
    news:B43E1550-68D4-4176-B0CE-CCB130B03DB3@mi crosoft.com...[color=blue]
    >I have a web form I checked body tag it is
    > <body ms_positioning= "FlowLayout ">
    >
    > I load a user control on form, all the textboxes position like they are in
    > grid layout
    > I cannot drag them. What am i missing
    > I am doing something really dumb please help me.
    > --
    > cindy mello[/color]


    Comment

    Working...