C# WebApp - with HTTP Authentication turned on

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Adam Clauss

    #1

    C# WebApp - with HTTP Authentication turned on

    I have a webapp (actually several) who's folder is setup to use HTTP
    Authentication through IIS (not using any .NET Authentication in the
    application itself).

    Everytime I open up the solution in VS2003, it prompts me for the
    username/password - - for each webapp even though it is the same
    username/password for both (and on the same server). Is there anyway I can
    include this login information in the project files so I do not have to
    enter it every time?

    --
    Adam Clauss
    cabadam@tamu.ed u



  • Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

    #2
    Re: C# WebApp - with HTTP Authentication turned on

    Without modifying your existing authentication scheme, the short answer is
    no.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

    [Shameless Author Plug]
    The Microsoft Office Web Components Black Book with .NET
    Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon.com etc
    "Adam Clauss" <cabadam@nospam .tamu.edu> wrote in message
    news:uSqcxMlUFH A.3188@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
    >I have a webapp (actually several) who's folder is setup to use HTTP
    >Authenticati on through IIS (not using any .NET Authentication in the
    >application itself).
    >
    > Everytime I open up the solution in VS2003, it prompts me for the
    > username/password - - for each webapp even though it is the same
    > username/password for both (and on the same server). Is there anyway I
    > can include this login information in the project files so I do not have
    > to enter it every time?
    >
    > --
    > Adam Clauss
    > cabadam@tamu.ed u
    >
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Adam Clauss

      #3
      Re: C# WebApp - with HTTP Authentication turned on

      And the long answer? :)

      --
      Adam Clauss
      cabadam@tamu.ed u

      "Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]" <www.lulu.com/owc> wrote in message
      news:ur6ANd9UFH A.2616@TK2MSFTN GP14.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
      > Without modifying your existing authentication scheme, the short answer is
      > no.
      >
      > --
      > Regards,
      > Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP
      >
      > [Shameless Author Plug]
      > The Microsoft Office Web Components Black Book with .NET
      > Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon.com etc
      > "Adam Clauss" <cabadam@nospam .tamu.edu> wrote in message
      > news:uSqcxMlUFH A.3188@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=green]
      >>I have a webapp (actually several) who's folder is setup to use HTTP
      >>Authenticatio n through IIS (not using any .NET Authentication in the
      >>application itself).
      >>
      >> Everytime I open up the solution in VS2003, it prompts me for the
      >> username/password - - for each webapp even though it is the same
      >> username/password for both (and on the same server). Is there anyway I
      >> can include this login information in the project files so I do not have
      >> to enter it every time?
      >>
      >> --
      >> Adam Clauss
      >> cabadam@tamu.ed u
      >>
      >>
      >>[/color]
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      Working...