.Net Winforms Control Deployment

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Billy

    #1

    .Net Winforms Control Deployment

    I have written a .Net Windows Control which I am hosting in Internet
    Explorer 6/7 which is working.

    The problem I am having is deploying this control to the client
    machines. I have created a CAB file, referenced it in the codebase
    property of my object tag and get a "Do you want to install ..."
    dialogue appearing.

    The installer is not working. Can anyone point me to a sample to
    create cab/inf files that will install/register my assembly on a
    client machine. I've tried adding setup.msi files to the CAB file and
    using a hook to run msiexec /i serup.msi asper some examples but to no
    avail.

    Regards

    Simon
  • Juan T. Llibre

    #2
    Re: .Net Winforms Control Deployment

    Wrong newsgroup.

    This newsgroup is for WebForms, not WinForms.
    Try posting your question to the microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork ng on this same server.





    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    foros de asp.net, en espaƱol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
    =============== =============== ========
    "Billy" <Simon@smr-it.freeserve.co .ukwrote in message
    news:7a220617-dfa5-437f-8733-c70b9751d6a0@w7 g2000hsa.google groups.com...
    >I have written a .Net Windows Control which I am hosting in Internet
    Explorer 6/7 which is working.
    >
    The problem I am having is deploying this control to the client
    machines. I have created a CAB file, referenced it in the codebase
    property of my object tag and get a "Do you want to install ..."
    dialogue appearing.
    >
    The installer is not working. Can anyone point me to a sample to
    create cab/inf files that will install/register my assembly on a
    client machine. I've tried adding setup.msi files to the CAB file and
    using a hook to run msiexec /i serup.msi asper some examples but to no
    avail.
    >
    Regards
    >
    Simon


    Comment

    • =?Utf-8?B?YnJ1Y2UgYmFya2Vy?=

      #3
      RE: .Net Winforms Control Deployment

      the IE active/x installer is rather simple and uses a restricted inf file
      (won't run an installer). it basically copies the ocx dll and supporting to a
      folder and registers it:

      http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...74(VS.85).aspx

      IE supporting winforms is a dead techonology, thus the lask of
      documentation. The current story is to use silverlight to host .net
      components.


      -- bruce (sqlwork.com)


      "Billy" wrote:
      I have written a .Net Windows Control which I am hosting in Internet
      Explorer 6/7 which is working.
      >
      The problem I am having is deploying this control to the client
      machines. I have created a CAB file, referenced it in the codebase
      property of my object tag and get a "Do you want to install ..."
      dialogue appearing.
      >
      The installer is not working. Can anyone point me to a sample to
      create cab/inf files that will install/register my assembly on a
      client machine. I've tried adding setup.msi files to the CAB file and
      using a hook to run msiexec /i serup.msi asper some examples but to no
      avail.
      >
      Regards
      >
      Simon
      >

      Comment

      Working...