'Sys' is undefined

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afshar

    #1

    'Sys' is undefined

    dear asp ajax lovers,

    I get 'Sys' is undefined browsing one of my asp.net pages. I solved
    thia problem by removing unnecessary dlls referenced in my Web.config
    in an old application. But now in a new application, my web.config is
    clean and has no additional dll but get the same error again.
    Can I solve it without modifying source code just by changing
    configurations? ??
    i m using asp.net 2.0 and ASP AJAX Beta 2


    thanks a lot


    afshar
  • Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

    #2
    Re: 'Sys' is undefined

    Hello Afshar,

    Beta2?
    Which VS version you are using?

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we
    miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c) Michelangelo


    Adear asp ajax lovers,
    A>
    AI get 'Sys' is undefined browsing one of my asp.net pages. I solved
    Athia problem by removing unnecessary dlls referenced in my Web.config
    Ain an old application. But now in a new application, my web.config is
    Aclean and has no additional dll but get the same error again.
    ACan I solve it without modifying source code just by changing
    Aconfigurations ???
    Ai m using asp.net 2.0 and ASP AJAX Beta 2
    Athanks a lot
    A>
    Aafshar
    A>


    Comment

    • Afshar

      #3
      Re: 'Sys' is undefined

      On Jan 20, 11:08 am, Michael Nemtsev [MVP] <nemt...@msn.co mwrote:
      HelloAfshar,
      >
      Beta2?
      Which VS version you are using?
      >
      ---
      WBR,
      Michael  Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour
      >
      "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we
      miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c) Michelangelo
      >
      Adear asp ajax lovers,
      A>
      AI get 'Sys' is undefined browsing one of my asp.net pages. I solved
      Athia problem by removing unnecessary dlls referenced in my Web.config
      Ain an old application. But now in a new application, my web.config is
      Aclean and has no additional dll but get the same error again.
      ACan I solve it without modifying source code just by changing
      Aconfigurations ???
      Ai m using asp.net 2.0 and ASP AJAX Beta 2
      Athanks a lot
      A>
      A>afshar
      A>



      Dear Michael Nemtsev ,
      I'm using VS2008 targeting framework 2.0

      Comment

      • Juan T. Llibre

        #4
        Re: 'Sys' is undefined

        re:
        !i m using asp.net 2.0 and ASP AJAX Beta 2
        !I'm using VS2008 targeting framework 2.0

        ASP.NET Ajax Beta 2 is incompatible with VS2008, which has its own version of Ajax built-in.

        Uninstall the ASP.NET Ajax Beta.




        Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
        asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
        foros de asp.net, en español : http://asp.net.do/foros/
        =============== =============== ========
        "Afshar" <afshar.mohebbi @gmail.comwrote in message
        news:4f35cc1e-130f-49b7-8eff-5086b1ae1998@u1 0g2000prn.googl egroups.com...
        On Jan 20, 11:08 am, Michael Nemtsev [MVP] <nemt...@msn.co mwrote:
        HelloAfshar,
        >
        Beta2?
        Which VS version you are using?
        >
        ---
        WBR,
        Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour
        >
        "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we
        miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c) Michelangelo
        >
        Adear asp ajax lovers,
        A>
        AI get 'Sys' is undefined browsing one of my asp.net pages. I solved
        Athia problem by removing unnecessary dlls referenced in my Web.config
        Ain an old application. But now in a new application, my web.config is
        Aclean and has no additional dll but get the same error again.
        ACan I solve it without modifying source code just by changing
        Aconfigurations ???
        Ai m using asp.net 2.0 and ASP AJAX Beta 2
        Athanks a lot
        A>
        A>afshar
        A>



        Dear Michael Nemtsev ,
        I'm using VS2008 targeting framework 2.0


        Comment

        • Alexey Smirnov

          #5
          Re: 'Sys' is undefined

          On Jan 22, 1:26 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <nomailrepl...@ nowhere.com>
          wrote:
          re:
          !i m using asp.net 2.0 and ASP AJAX Beta 2
          !I'm using VS2008 targeting framework 2.0
          >
          ASP.NET Ajax Beta 2 is incompatible with VS2008, which has its own versionof Ajax built-in.
          >
          Uninstall the ASP.NET Ajax Beta.
          >

          Comment

          • Juan T. Llibre

            #6
            Re: 'Sys' is undefined

            Does that work with Beta 2, Alexey ?

            I know it works with the release version (1.0), but does it work with Ajax Beta 2?



            Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
            asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
            foros de asp.net, en español : http://asp.net.do/foros/
            =============== =============== ========
            "Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smirnov @gmail.comwrote in message
            news:3be92c52-4884-4a4e-a23b-6b23f0ed8f74@v4 6g2000hsv.googl egroups.com...
            On Jan 22, 1:26 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <nomailrepl...@ nowhere.com>
            wrote:
            re:
            !i m using asp.net 2.0 and ASP AJAX Beta 2
            !I'm using VS2008 targeting framework 2.0
            >
            ASP.NET Ajax Beta 2 is incompatible with VS2008, which has its own version of Ajax built-in.
            >
            Uninstall the ASP.NET Ajax Beta.
            >



            Comment

            • Alexey Smirnov

              #7
              Re: 'Sys' is undefined

              On Jan 22, 4:11 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <nomailrepl...@ nowhere.com>
              wrote:
              Does that work with Beta 2, Alexey ?
              >
              I know it works with the release version (1.0), but does it work with AjaxBeta 2?
              >
              Juan, I don't know, it was to Afshar. I agree with you, he has to
              uninstall Beta. Even if it does work, he could get other problems with
              the old version of Ajax.

              Comment

              • Afshar

                #8
                Re: 'Sys' is undefined

                On Jan 22, 6:41 pm, Alexey Smirnov <alexey.smir... @gmail.comwrote :
                On Jan 22, 4:11 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <nomailrepl...@ nowhere.com>
                wrote:
                >
                Does that work with Beta 2, Alexey ?
                >
                I know it works with the release version (1.0), but does it work with Ajax Beta 2?
                >
                Juan, I don't know, it was toAfshar. I agree with you, he has to
                uninstall Beta. Even if it does work, he could get other problems with
                the old version of Ajax.
                Dear friends,

                Really really sorry for reply delay. It seems if I use framewrok 3.5's
                internal ajax I should target 3.5 not 2.0. Is it true? I have just
                framework 2.0 on my customer server.

                Comment

                • Alexey Smirnov

                  #9
                  Re: 'Sys' is undefined

                  On Jan 29, 9:55 am, Afshar <afshar.mohe... @gmail.comwrote :
                  On Jan 22, 6:41 pm, Alexey Smirnov <alexey.smir... @gmail.comwrote :
                  >
                  On Jan 22, 4:11 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <nomailrepl...@ nowhere.com>
                  wrote:
                  >
                  Does that work with Beta 2, Alexey ?
                  >
                  I know it works with the release version (1.0), but does it work with Ajax Beta 2?
                  >
                  Juan, I don't know, it was toAfshar. I agree with you, he has to
                  uninstall Beta. Even if it does work, he could get other problems with
                  the old version of Ajax.
                  >
                  Dear friends,
                  >
                  Really really sorry for reply delay. It seems if I use framewrok 3.5's
                  internal ajax I should target 3.5 not 2.0. Is it true? I have just
                  framework 2.0 on my customer server.
                  Yes, I think you have to install 3.5

                  Comment

                  Working...