using Java in ASP.Net 2.0

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • maboo59

    #1

    using Java in ASP.Net 2.0

    Hello,
    I need to call a function from a java class(Example.j ava, not
    Javascript) from
    within .Net 2.0 and I don't know how to do it.
    Does anyone hava any suggestions?

    Thanks
  • =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=

    #2
    RE: using Java in ASP.Net 2.0

    Suggestion: If you have the .java source code, convert the class to C#. Or if
    you have the Visual J# runtime, you could compile it as visual j# assembly
    which would allow you to instantiate the class in the .NET Framework and make
    a normal C# or VB.NET method call against it.
    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog: http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
    MetaFinder: http://www.blogmetafinder.com


    "maboo59" wrote:
    Hello,
    I need to call a function from a java class(Example.j ava, not
    Javascript) from
    within .Net 2.0 and I don't know how to do it.
    Does anyone hava any suggestions?
    >
    Thanks
    >

    Comment

    • =?Utf-8?B?YnJ1Y2UgYmFya2Vy?=

      #3
      RE: using Java in ASP.Net 2.0

      there is no browser standard for this. sun supplies a api that works in
      several browsers.

      http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/.../jsobject.html


      -- bruce (sqlwork.com)


      "maboo59" wrote:
      Hello,
      I need to call a function from a java class(Example.j ava, not
      Javascript) from
      within .Net 2.0 and I don't know how to do it.
      Does anyone hava any suggestions?
      >
      Thanks
      >

      Comment

      • jacky kwok

        #4
        Re: using Java in ASP.Net 2.0

        maboo59 wrote:
        Hello,
        I need to call a function from a java class(Example.j ava, not
        Javascript) from
        within .Net 2.0 and I don't know how to do it.
        Does anyone hava any suggestions?
        >
        Thanks

        Not sure work in ASP.NET or not.

        However, I had used the following 2 method to call java class library in
        Dotnet C# Window Application.

        1. using standard Sun Java native Interface API.

        refer http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/te...jni/index.html

        It is C/C++ interface, using Managed C++ to build a wrapper class to
        provide Dotnet interface.

        2. using the IKVM.net
        refer http://www.ikvm.net/

        It is a tool set which has a function can convert Java class library to
        Dotnet assembly in limited case.


        --
        Jacky Kwok
        jacky@alumni_DO T_cuhk_DOT_edu_ DOT_hk

        Comment

        Working...