EnableViewProperty

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bbawa1@yahoo.com

    #1

    EnableViewProperty

    hi,

    I have a web page and it has three textboxes. It has already some
    text. When I edit the text boxes and click on Edit button the button
    supposed to epdate the data in the database. But when I debug it the
    value of textboxes gives me the previous value not the edited value
    may be in postback it lost it's new value. I set enableviewstate
    property to True but even then it doesn't work.

    Thanks in advance.

    hahii

  • Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]

    #2
    Re: EnableViewPrope rty

    Where is the original value of the textbox being set?
    I suspect you're accidentally overwriting the user entered value with that
    same value upon each postback.
    It's a common error.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,
    MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASPInsider
    Find information, resources and relevant links for steveorr.net. This domain may be for sale.



    <bbawa1@yahoo.c omwrote in message
    news:1176754559 .908824.220260@ b75g2000hsg.goo glegroups.com.. .
    hi,
    >
    I have a web page and it has three textboxes. It has already some
    text. When I edit the text boxes and click on Edit button the button
    supposed to epdate the data in the database. But when I debug it the
    value of textboxes gives me the previous value not the edited value
    may be in postback it lost it's new value. I set enableviewstate
    property to True but even then it doesn't work.
    >
    Thanks in advance.
    >
    hahii
    >

    Comment

    • bbawa1@yahoo.com

      #3
      Re: EnableViewPrope rty

      On Apr 16, 1:27 pm, "Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]"
      <S...@Orr.netwr ote:
      Where is the original value of the textbox being set?
      I suspect you're accidentally overwriting the user entered value with that
      same value upon each postback.
      It's a common error.
      >
      --
      I hope this helps,
      Steve C. Orr,
      MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASPInsiderhttp://SteveOrr.net
      >
      <bba...@yahoo.c omwrote in message
      >
      news:1176754559 .908824.220260@ b75g2000hsg.goo glegroups.com.. .
      >
      >
      >
      hi,
      >
      I have a web page and it has three textboxes. It has already some
      text. When I edit the text boxes and click on Edit button the button
      supposed to epdate the data in the database. But when I debug it the
      value of textboxes gives me the previous value not the edited value
      may be in postback it lost it's new value. I set enableviewstate
      property to True but even then it doesn't work.
      >
      Thanks in advance.
      >
      hahii- Hide quoted text -
      >
      - Show quoted text -
      No, I am not entering the same value.

      Comment

      Working...