Session End Help...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Powervision

    #1

    Session End Help...

    Hi everyoone,
    I am just trying to find a way to log the user off ( forms
    auth. ) And redirect them to the log in page. This is what
    I tried in the session_end event:

    FormsAuthentica tion.SignOut()
    Server.Transfer ("Logon.aspx ")

    It seems to fire the sign out but never transfers me. Any
    ideas? AS well I don't want them to be able to go back to
    the page they logged off from...is that possible?

    Thanks Everyone!

    Powervision
  • Andrew de la Harpe

    #2
    Re: Session End Help...

    Here's a better way.
    Set an expiry time on the authentication cookie.
    You can make that time fixed or sliding( same as session timeout).
    That way, their cookie expires when you want it to and they are
    automatically redirected to the login page.

    A
    "Powervisio n" <anonymous@disc ussions.microso ft.com> wrote in message
    news:01f401c39f 28$f06ba300$a50 1280a@phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
    > Hi everyoone,
    > I am just trying to find a way to log the user off ( forms
    > auth. ) And redirect them to the log in page. This is what
    > I tried in the session_end event:
    >
    > FormsAuthentica tion.SignOut()
    > Server.Transfer ("Logon.aspx ")
    >
    > It seems to fire the sign out but never transfers me. Any
    > ideas? AS well I don't want them to be able to go back to
    > the page they logged off from...is that possible?
    >
    > Thanks Everyone!
    >
    > Powervision[/color]


    Comment

    Working...