.NET Framework and Server side include

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tom

    #1

    .NET Framework and Server side include

    Hi,

    I installed .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable
    Package and installed on Windows 2000 server.

    I created a aspx page which has some server control like
    asp:label, asp:textbox, asp:button,
    asp:requiredfie ldvalidator.

    I put this aspx page to IIS. But, only the label displayed.

    Do I need to configure .NET Framework with IIS or set path
    in environment variable?

    Also, I want to do server side include in a aspx page. I
    tried <#include virtual="/testaspx/test.aspx">. But, it
    cannot include. How can I do it?

    Thanks for help
  • Saravana [MVP]

    #2
    Re: .NET Framework and Server side include

    I think problem is with asp.net installation. Check out this faq for more
    details.


    --
    Saravana
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET
    Placeholder page for web development. Coming soon and under construction with updates to follow.




    "Tom" <kerocow@yahoo. com> wrote in message
    news:07cc01c39e d0$7594fb70$a60 1280a@phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
    > Hi,
    >
    > I installed .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable
    > Package and installed on Windows 2000 server.
    >
    > I created a aspx page which has some server control like
    > asp:label, asp:textbox, asp:button,
    > asp:requiredfie ldvalidator.
    >
    > I put this aspx page to IIS. But, only the label displayed.
    >
    > Do I need to configure .NET Framework with IIS or set path
    > in environment variable?
    >
    > Also, I want to do server side include in a aspx page. I
    > tried <#include virtual="/testaspx/test.aspx">. But, it
    > cannot include. How can I do it?
    >
    > Thanks for help[/color]


    Comment

    • Tom Pair

      #3
      Re: .NET Framework and Server side include

      Hi,

      Thanks for your url reference. It works after re-installing aspnet.

      But, how can I do the server side include?

      I tried

      <#include virtual="/test.aspx">

      <#include file="test.aspx ">

      But, they do not work.





      *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
      Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

      Comment

      • Tom Pair

        #4
        Re: .NET Framework and Server side include

        Sorry,

        I know what's wrong with my code.

        It should be <!-- #include file="test.aspx "-->.

        Thanks for help





        *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
        Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

        Comment

        • Scott M.

          #5
          Re: .NET Framework and Server side include

          Tom,

          You may also want to look into "User Controls", which is the .NET
          replacement for SSI's.


          "Tom Pair" <kerocow@yahoo. com> wrote in message
          news:O$mEUFvnDH A.684@TK2MSFTNG P09.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
          > Sorry,
          >
          > I know what's wrong with my code.
          >
          > It should be <!-- #include file="test.aspx "-->.
          >
          > Thanks for help
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
          > Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it![/color]


          Comment

          Working...