Visual Studio.NET -> ASP.NET problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Guest's Avatar

    #1

    Visual Studio.NET -> ASP.NET problem

    I installed trial version of Visual Studio.NET and i tried
    doing a simple example in ASP.NET using VB.Net.Below is my
    problem:

    I have a 'button' WebForm control and a 'label' WebForm
    control in a aspx file.I added appropriate code inside
    the .vb file like when a user clicks on button then it
    should display hello world on the label.
    When i tried running the sample i could see only blank
    page.All i see is the Label ID.Is there any settings i
    need to modify inorder for the sample to run.Even i
    downloaded one basic sample from Microsoft site and could
    not be able to run the sample[I mean i could not see the
    web page output].
  • Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

    #2
    Re: Visual Studio.NET -> ASP.NET problem

    You need to repair your IIS mappings.
    To do this, run the following command:
    aspnet_regiis.e xe -i

    Here's further information:


    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Hire top-notch developers at http://www.able-consulting.com



    <anonymous@disc ussions.microso ft.com> wrote in message
    news:023e01c397 47$bfd315e0$a50 1280a@phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
    > I installed trial version of Visual Studio.NET and i tried
    > doing a simple example in ASP.NET using VB.Net.Below is my
    > problem:
    >
    > I have a 'button' WebForm control and a 'label' WebForm
    > control in a aspx file.I added appropriate code inside
    > the .vb file like when a user clicks on button then it
    > should display hello world on the label.
    > When i tried running the sample i could see only blank
    > page.All i see is the Label ID.Is there any settings i
    > need to modify inorder for the sample to run.Even i
    > downloaded one basic sample from Microsoft site and could
    > not be able to run the sample[I mean i could not see the
    > web page output].[/color]


    Comment

    • Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

      #3
      Re: Visual Studio.NET -&gt; ASP.NET problem

      You need to repair your IIS mappings.
      To do this, run the following command:
      aspnet_regiis.e xe -i

      Here's further information:


      --
      I hope this helps,
      Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

      Hire top-notch developers at http://www.able-consulting.com



      <anonymous@disc ussions.microso ft.com> wrote in message
      news:023e01c397 47$bfd315e0$a50 1280a@phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
      > I installed trial version of Visual Studio.NET and i tried
      > doing a simple example in ASP.NET using VB.Net.Below is my
      > problem:
      >
      > I have a 'button' WebForm control and a 'label' WebForm
      > control in a aspx file.I added appropriate code inside
      > the .vb file like when a user clicks on button then it
      > should display hello world on the label.
      > When i tried running the sample i could see only blank
      > page.All i see is the Label ID.Is there any settings i
      > need to modify inorder for the sample to run.Even i
      > downloaded one basic sample from Microsoft site and could
      > not be able to run the sample[I mean i could not see the
      > web page output].[/color]


      Comment

      Working...