OleDbConnection Security Exception

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Daniel Conlon

    #1

    OleDbConnection Security Exception

    I wish to allow ASP.NET pages to make connections to Access databases using
    OleDBConnection .

    The only way I have been able to make this functionality work has been to
    set:

    Unrestricted="t rue"

    In the <PermissionSe t> property applying to ASP.NET pages, otherwise I get:

    Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed
    by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
    please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
    level in the configuration file.

    Exception Details: System.Security .SecurityExcept ion: Request failed.

    I do not wish to run ASP.NET pages in an unrestricted security policy, I
    would be grateful if you could inform me which permissions I must grant to
    allow the use of OleDBConnection . I have granted unrestricted
    OleDbPermission , FileIOPermissio n and RegistryPermiss ion but to no avail.


Working...