access session & application variables

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Barel Yoav

    #1

    access session & application variables

    Can I access the session & application variables of asp 3.0 from aspx or
    *.vb page


  • Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

    #2
    Re: access session & application variables

    There is no single great way to share session state between ASP and ASP.NET.
    But that doesn't mean you don't have options.

    Here are some common ways:
    * Store the data in a common database
    * Pass data from page to page on the QueryString
    * Store the data in cookies
    * Use a 3rd party session sharing component
    (Here's one:
    http://www.consonica.com/solutions/d...tch/index.html)
    * Use COM Interop to provide an object that both sides can access that
    handles the data.
    Here's an example of the latter:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...rtToASPNET.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Hire top-notch developers at http://www.able-consulting.com



    "Barel Yoav" <yoav@barel.co. il> wrote in message
    news:u5kh%23CNl DHA.2140@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
    > Can I access the session & application variables of asp 3.0 from aspx or
    > *.vb page
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    Working...