ASP.NET build errors

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Victor.Rozenkrants@gat.com

    #1

    ASP.NET build errors

    Hello,

    When I look at my asp.net page in HTML view mode, using
    Visual Studio .NET, I see certain tags underlined. In
    the "Task List" viewer the warning below is poping up. My
    target schema Internet Explorer 5.0.

    Code:
    <LINK href="../styles/styles.css" type="text/css"
    rel="stylesheet ">

    Warning:
    "Per the active schema, the element 'LINK' cannot be
    nested within 'html'"



    Should I be concerned about it?

    Also, while on the subject, is it worth developing for
    Netsapce 4.0 target schema? Is there statistics available
    on what is the percentage of users is using it?

    Thanks,
    VR
  • Hans Kesting

    #2
    Re: ASP.NET build errors


    "Victor.Rozenkr ants@gat.com" <anonymous@disc ussions.microso ft.com> wrote in
    message news:2c69401c39 3b2$5cfd6d00$a6 01280a@phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
    > Hello,
    >
    > When I look at my asp.net page in HTML view mode, using
    > Visual Studio .NET, I see certain tags underlined. In
    > the "Task List" viewer the warning below is poping up. My
    > target schema Internet Explorer 5.0.
    >
    > Code:
    > <LINK href="../styles/styles.css" type="text/css"
    > rel="stylesheet ">
    >
    > Warning:
    > "Per the active schema, the element 'LINK' cannot be
    > nested within 'html'"
    >
    >
    >
    > Should I be concerned about it?
    >[/color]

    <link> should be within <head>, not directly under <html>.
    As it is a warning, you can choose to ignore it.
    [color=blue]
    > Also, while on the subject, is it worth developing for
    > Netsapce 4.0 target schema? Is there statistics available
    > on what is the percentage of users is using it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > VR[/color]


    Comment

    • Vic

      #3
      Re: ASP.NET build errors

      Thanks. It sure did help.
      VR

      "Hans Kesting" <news.2.hansdk@ spamgourmet.com > wrote in message
      news:ulb%23xy9k DHA.2244@TK2MSF TNGP12.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
      >
      > "Victor.Rozenkr ants@gat.com" <anonymous@disc ussions.microso ft.com> wrote[/color]
      in[color=blue]
      > message news:2c69401c39 3b2$5cfd6d00$a6 01280a@phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > When I look at my asp.net page in HTML view mode, using
      > > Visual Studio .NET, I see certain tags underlined. In
      > > the "Task List" viewer the warning below is poping up. My
      > > target schema Internet Explorer 5.0.
      > >
      > > Code:
      > > <LINK href="../styles/styles.css" type="text/css"
      > > rel="stylesheet ">
      > >
      > > Warning:
      > > "Per the active schema, the element 'LINK' cannot be
      > > nested within 'html'"
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > Should I be concerned about it?
      > >[/color]
      >
      > <link> should be within <head>, not directly under <html>.
      > As it is a warning, you can choose to ignore it.
      >[color=green]
      > > Also, while on the subject, is it worth developing for
      > > Netsapce 4.0 target schema? Is there statistics available
      > > on what is the percentage of users is using it?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > VR[/color]
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      Working...