Hi:
I'm running into an overflow problem with the following code (with the variable nCNOS), but get a compile error (AddInvoice rsInvoice, nRNOS, nCNOS) if I change it to Long. Can someone help?
I'm running into an overflow problem with the following code (with the variable nCNOS), but get a compile error (AddInvoice rsInvoice, nRNOS, nCNOS) if I change it to Long. Can someone help?
Code:
Dim stDocName As String
Dim nRetreatNumber As Integer
Dim nRNOS As Integer
'Dim nCNOS As Integer
Dim nCNOS As Long
'check whether there is a customer number
nRNOS = Forms!frmSpecialEventsEnterDeleteModify.RNOS
nCNOS = Forms!frmSpecialEventsEnterDeleteModify.Text191
Dim Msg, Style, Title, Help, Ctxt, Response, MyString
If IsNull(nCNOS) Or nCNOS = 0 Then
Msg = "You must select a person to bill before you can create an invoice"
Style = vbOK + vbCritical
Title = "Select a person to bill"
MsgBox Msg, Style, Title
Exit Sub
End If
Dim sWhere As String
Dim rsInvoice As ADODB.Recordset
Dim rsCount As ADODB.Recordset
nRNOS = Forms!frmSpecialEventsEnterDeleteModify.[RNOS]
Set rsCount = New ADODB.Recordset
Set rsInvoice = New ADODB.Recordset
sWhere = "SELECT * FROM tblInvoice WHERE RNOS = " & nRNOS & ""
rsCount.Open sWhere, CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
'check if an invoice already exists for this event
If rsCount.EOF Then
rsInvoice.Open "tblInvoice", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
AddInvoice rsInvoice, nRNOS, nCNOS
rsInvoice.Close
stDocName = "rptInvoiceForSpecialEvents"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview
Else
stDocName = "rptInvoiceForSpecialEvents"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview
End If
Comment