I compile my frontend and rename it .accdr so the users run it in the runtime environment. My development machine has Office 2007 including Outlook 2007, but I have one user who is stuck with Outlook 2003. This really confused me when he got an error that said the Format() function could not be found. So I've determined that this is because the app has a reference to Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library, which comes up missing on his system. I understand that I can qualify every function call, but instead I moved that reference to the bottom to get around this temporarily, since he doesn't use any of the features that generate emails anyway. But it didn't work.
Now he gets an error message about dao360.dll, which I don't think is related to Outlook.
I opened the development version (accdb) on his machine, removed the Outlook Object Library reference, and trying to compile still gives me an error on
saying "Error in loading DLL."
How can I determine where this problem is coming from?
I'd like my application to be backward compatible with older versions (or none) of Outlook, but I don't see how this can be done.
Allen Browne's page on Solving Problems with Library References had a link to Doug Steele's Access Reference Problems, which pointed me to Michael Kaplan's How to guarantee that references will work in your applications, but I don't understand how to implement it. Would anyone have an example of some code that does this reference fixing that I could use as a...reference?
Sorry if this has been covered, but search isn't turning up anything for me.
Thanks in advance,
Chip
Now he gets an error message about dao360.dll, which I don't think is related to Outlook.
I opened the development version (accdb) on his machine, removed the Outlook Object Library reference, and trying to compile still gives me an error on
Code:
set db = CurrentDb()
How can I determine where this problem is coming from?
I'd like my application to be backward compatible with older versions (or none) of Outlook, but I don't see how this can be done.
Allen Browne's page on Solving Problems with Library References had a link to Doug Steele's Access Reference Problems, which pointed me to Michael Kaplan's How to guarantee that references will work in your applications, but I don't understand how to implement it. Would anyone have an example of some code that does this reference fixing that I could use as a...reference?
Sorry if this has been covered, but search isn't turning up anything for me.
Thanks in advance,
Chip
Comment