I'm still relatively new to Access - this question is due to my moderate experience with forms and my complete and total lack of experience with reports.
I want to create a report (I use that term conceptually) that prompts an end user to input an assembly number, and kicks out a report that sums up what and how many of each component is used in an assembly.
So, my first question is - how do I create a report that prompts a user for input? I need to learn this regardless!!
(damn tutorials I've found are useless)
My second question I think confines me to the land of forms and subforms:
Let's say I wanted a special version of that "report" that placed a control button at the end of each row (one row per component), that would allow me to launch a second report/form, querying this time to show me what other assemblies that particular component was used in and in what quantities.
Is it possible to do this? Has anyone done this? I'm picturing a subform displaying "continuous forms", one per component - and I need a "bound" control, to allow me to reference data in that particular record, right?
If I created such a system, where my results were displayed as a continuous form, is there any way to nicely print the resulting form/subform in it's complete form? A printable form if you will? Or will I be limited to "screen-shot" type printing capabilities?
Thanks for help!
I want to create a report (I use that term conceptually) that prompts an end user to input an assembly number, and kicks out a report that sums up what and how many of each component is used in an assembly.
So, my first question is - how do I create a report that prompts a user for input? I need to learn this regardless!!
(damn tutorials I've found are useless)
My second question I think confines me to the land of forms and subforms:
Let's say I wanted a special version of that "report" that placed a control button at the end of each row (one row per component), that would allow me to launch a second report/form, querying this time to show me what other assemblies that particular component was used in and in what quantities.
Is it possible to do this? Has anyone done this? I'm picturing a subform displaying "continuous forms", one per component - and I need a "bound" control, to allow me to reference data in that particular record, right?
If I created such a system, where my results were displayed as a continuous form, is there any way to nicely print the resulting form/subform in it's complete form? A printable form if you will? Or will I be limited to "screen-shot" type printing capabilities?
Thanks for help!
Comment