BULK Upload in MS Access

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tempalli
    New Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 31

    #1

    BULK Upload in MS Access

    Kindly help me how to upload a bulk of data in ms access.

    In table1 i am having only ReferenceNo's.
    In table2 iam having ReferenceNo's,N ame,Place,Area.

    I have to upload the Bulk data of the table2 against the referenceNo in table1.

    Kindly help me.

    Ananth
  • NeoPa
    Recognized Expert Moderator MVP
    • Oct 2006
    • 32669

    #2
    I'm afraid your question is not very clear, if indeed it is a question.

    What is it you're struggling with?

    Give an illustration maybe so that we can grasp what you're talking about.

    Comment

    • Tempalli
      New Member
      • Sep 2007
      • 31

      #3
      Originally posted by NeoPa
      I'm afraid your question is not very clear, if indeed it is a question.

      What is it you're struggling with?

      Give an illustration maybe so that we can grasp what you're talking about.
      I want to bulk upload a excel sheet data to access table.

      In Access table fields contains of Claim No, Status.
      I want to upload the excel data match against the Claim No is Access Table.

      Comment

      • NeoPa
        Recognized Expert Moderator MVP
        • Oct 2006
        • 32669

        #4
        No illustration, and still not much sense in the explanation.

        I'm sorry, but I can't help you until I have some sort of idea what you're struggling with.

        What do you mean by Bulk Upload?

        If it has to be uploaded and processed according to existing data in a current Access table, then how about explaining that?

        If your response to a request for clarification is simply to add a couple of words to your original, then I can see we will struggle to make progress.

        Comment

        • Tempalli
          New Member
          • Sep 2007
          • 31

          #5
          In Excel (sheet1) I am having "CLAIM_NO" and "STATUS" column
          Code:
          ----------------------------------
          CLAIM_NO    |   STATUS
          ----------------------------------
            1         |   Approved
          ---------------------------------
          In Access table (tblCustomers) I am having "CLAIM_NO" and "STATUS"
          Code:
          ----------------------------------
          CLAIM_NO    |   STATUS
          ----------------------------------
            1         |   (blank)
          ---------------------------------
          Against the Claim No in MS ACCESS table I want to update the "STATUS"

          There are arround 100nos of STATUS in MS Excel where I have to upload into MS Access against the CLAIM_NO.

          Kindly help me
          Last edited by NeoPa; Aug 29 '08, 01:47 PM. Reason: Removed SHOUTing and added [CODE] tags for readability

          Comment

          • NeoPa
            Recognized Expert Moderator MVP
            • Oct 2006
            • 32669

            #6
            Thank you. I think I see your problem now.

            The solution is a two step one.
            1. Load the Excel data into Access.
            2. When the data is available in Access (from Excel) then use this data to update the original Access table data.

            In more detail then, Step A can be done in either of two ways :
            1. Link the Excel worksheet into your Access database using an Excel link. This allows the data in an Excel worksheet to be treated AS IF it were in an Access table.
            2. Import the Excel data into an existing or new Access table.

            Let me know if this makes sense to you. If so, are all the steps ones you feel confident in handling yourself, or may you need some further assistance?

            Comment

            • Tempalli
              New Member
              • Sep 2007
              • 31

              #7
              I have imported the data to an new access table.

              tblApplicants contains
              Code:
              --------------------------------------------------
              ClaimNo           |           [B]Status[/B]
              -------------------------------------------------
              10520              |        (blank) 
              20489              |        (blank)
              35621              |        (blank)
              tblClaim contains
              Code:
              ---------------------------------------------------
              ClaimNo           |          [B]Status[/B]
              ----------------------------------------------------
              10520              |          Approved
              20489              |          Rejected
              35621              |          Pending
              I Want to update the tblApplicants "STATUS" from tblClaim "STATUS" against the ClaimNo.

              Kindly get me the SQL or VB Code for the same.

              Kindly help me. I am a Beginner in Ms Access.
              Last edited by NeoPa; Aug 30 '08, 08:06 PM. Reason: Removed SHOUTing and added [CODE] tags for readability

              Comment

              • NeoPa
                Recognized Expert Moderator MVP
                • Oct 2006
                • 32669

                #8
                Let's start with some basic instructions. You seemed to get on quite well with the earlier ones. If we need to get into more detail later then we can.
                • Create a query (using the wizard) based on [tblApplicants].
                • Add the other ([tblClaim]) table in.
                • Link the two tables together on [ClaimNo].
                • Convert the type of query to an Update query.
                • Add the field tblApplicants.S tatus and enter tblClaim.Status into the Update to position.
                • Save the query.

                If you like you can then post the SQL from this query in here & I will check you have it perfect.

                Comment

                Working...