Open Record

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • WEG

    #1

    Open Record

    Thanks for all the great ideas.

    Is there a way in a shared database to have any user receive a notification
    when a record that they have opened via a form is open and being updated by
    another user?

    I know I can lock the record, but I'd like this notification as well.

    Using Windows Vista and the latest Access.

    Thanks in advance.

    Bill


  • Tom van Stiphout

    #2
    Re: Open Record

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 04:01:06 GMT, "WEG" <wegraham@veriz on.netwrote:

    Not unless you build it yourself, which would really not be a trivial
    matter.

    -Tom.


    >Thanks for all the great ideas.
    >
    >Is there a way in a shared database to have any user receive a notification
    >when a record that they have opened via a form is open and being updated by
    >another user?
    >
    >I know I can lock the record, but I'd like this notification as well.
    >
    >Using Windows Vista and the latest Access.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Bill
    >

    Comment

    Working...