Access query data export

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Warren Thai

    #1

    Access query data export

    I am using Access 2003. I need to export data from a query to a .txt file. I
    know how to do this but however there is a problem with my data being
    rounded. The numbers in the data have 3 decimal places but when I export the
    data, the numbers in the text file are rounded to 2 decimal places. How do I
    stop this rounding?
    Warren


  • KC-Mass

    #2
    Re: Access query data export

    I think you need to look at the data table these numbers are coming from. I
    assume that the fields containing the data are defined either as Numbers
    (Double) or Currency. The decimals have to be specifically set to 3 if you
    want that on export.
    If the decimals are set as "AUTO", the export will have two decimal places
    even though your data had three. If the decimals are set as "3" they will
    have three places.

    Regards

    Kevin

    "Warren Thai" <wthai1@optusne t.com.auwrote in message
    news:48479ab9$0 $30462$afc38c87 @news.optusnet. com.au...
    >I am using Access 2003. I need to export data from a query to a .txt file.
    >I know how to do this but however there is a problem with my data being
    >rounded. The numbers in the data have 3 decimal places but when I export
    >the data, the numbers in the text file are rounded to 2 decimal places. How
    >do I stop this rounding?
    Warren
    >

    Comment

    Working...