Dealing with compatibility

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GabyFont
    New Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 8

    #1

    Dealing with compatibility

    Hi,
    I have created an app in access2007 and publish it into SharePoint. What I wasn't thinking about is that only me and somepartners have installed Access2007, and since I work for a huge company (1500 employees locally) there are no plans yet to install office2007 to everybody.

    Looking for a soloution, I tried to upload the database in compatibility mode, but sharepoint doesn't support access2003. Also my boss suggested something like converting the database to html, but I don't know anithing about it and also, trust more in you guys lol.

    Any Ideas??

    Thank You
  • nico5038
    Recognized Expert Specialist
    • Nov 2006
    • 3080

    #2
    Not sure why you need to upload the access database to SharePoint.
    I would use SharePoint for the data input (e.g. by emailing the form(s) to the people) and process the data with the Access database.

    For further processing you could write an Access 2003 frontend with linked tables so others can view the collected data.

    Nic;o)

    Comment

    Working...