Editing listbox value

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • f3dde
    New Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 19

    #1

    Editing listbox value

    Hi there,,

    I am currently working on an Access ' 03 database to store all computers in the company, and to keep track of stuff that has been done with those computers (new installations / replacing components etc.)

    I have all the computers in a table called: "PCs"
    All the changes for the computers are stored in "Reparaties "

    All the computers have an identical name. "004-01" "224-05" "325-01" are some samples. The first 3 digits; "xxx"-xx stand for the room they are in. The last 2 digits; xxx-"xx" are for the computer number.

    In my main for I started with a combobox. Trough a query I am able to select a room; ie "004" "224" etc. When selecting a room a listbox gets filled with the computers there are in that room.

    When pressing on a computer another listbox gets filled with the notes attached (the changes made on the computer) I am then able to add a note to it by pressing a command button. Pressing this button will open up a new form and add a new record in "Reparaties " to keep track of the changes being made.

    Now my question; How can I make it possible to edit something from the listbox filled with the changes being made. I've tried about everything, but can't seem to find a way to do it.

    If there is any other info you need, please ask so.

    Kind regards
    S
  • Rabbit
    Recognized Expert MVP
    • Jan 2007
    • 12517

    #2
    Use a continuous subform rather than a listbox.

    Comment

    • f3dde
      New Member
      • Nov 2006
      • 19

      #3
      Originally posted by Rabbit
      Use a continuous subform rather than a listbox.
      I'm not exactly a "pro", and since my foreign language isn't English it's also a bit harder, but could you please explain me what you mean by this? Because I've been looking for this in Access, but can't seem to find this anywhere. Thanks for your help.

      Kind Regards,
      S

      Comment

      • Rabbit
        Recognized Expert MVP
        • Jan 2007
        • 12517

        #4
        It's a form property. Form View. Setting that to Continuous will show all records rather than one at a time. A subform is a form in a form. It's one of the controls you can use.

        Comment

        • f3dde
          New Member
          • Nov 2006
          • 19

          #5
          Originally posted by Rabbit
          It's a form property. Form View. Setting that to Continuous will show all records rather than one at a time. A subform is a form in a form. It's one of the controls you can use.
          Thanks! Found it.. Got it working now to..

          Regards
          S

          Comment

          • Rabbit
            Recognized Expert MVP
            • Jan 2007
            • 12517

            #6
            Not a problem, good luck.

            Comment

            Working...