Parsing E-mail Address

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DanCole42

    #1

    Parsing E-mail Address

    I have a table that with a field of e-mail addresses. I want to create
    a query that groups data based on the DOMAIN in each e-mail address.
    How do I split the e-mail address field into two parts in the query?

    For example, if my table were:

    EMAIL SEARCHES
    joe@xcorp.com 5
    bill@yin.com 10
    tom@xcorp.com 1
    phil@yin.com 100
    tom@yin.com 15

    My query results would be...

    GROUP BY DOMAIN SUM OF SEARCHES
    xcorp.com 6
    yin.com 125

    Thanks!

  • Salad

    #2
    Re: Parsing E-mail Address

    DanCole42 wrote:
    I have a table that with a field of e-mail addresses. I want to create
    a query that groups data based on the DOMAIN in each e-mail address.
    How do I split the e-mail address field into two parts in the query?
    >
    For example, if my table were:
    >
    EMAIL SEARCHES
    joe@xcorp.com 5
    bill@yin.com 10
    tom@xcorp.com 1
    phil@yin.com 100
    tom@yin.com 15
    >
    My query results would be...
    >
    GROUP BY DOMAIN SUM OF SEARCHES
    xcorp.com 6
    yin.com 125
    >
    Thanks!
    >
    Create a column like this in the querybuilder.
    Domain : Mid([Email],Instr([Email],"@")+1)
    Then create a totals query on Domain.

    Comment

    Working...