Filtering a form based on multiple fields

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jjstevens
    New Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 17

    #1

    Filtering a form based on multiple fields

    I want to be able to double click on a field called Weight on CurrentLoadList Frm and have it open another form called FreightProvider MatchFrm and filter on six different fields that are on both of the forms listed above. The six fields are: ShipperCode1, ShipperCode2, ShipperCode3, ConsigneeCode1, ConsigneeCode2, and ConsigneeCode3. The net result will hopefully give me a list of Carriers that have done the exact same loads in the past that I am looking for a truck for the future. Any Ideas? Access 2003
  • garethfx
    New Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 49

    #2
    Hi JJ
    To make a simple process why not create a query for the data to be outputted, Create a form or report based on the query (or both)

    Then set the criteria to look at the form and textbox you have specified. In the textbox properties set the ON CLICK to look at a simple macro to run the query thus opening the the desired form or report.

    I know the more experienced in the forum will prefer to use code but if you are new to this type of thing it may be better to use the tools access offers to help
    Gareth

    Comment

    • jjstevens
      New Member
      • Dec 2006
      • 17

      #3
      I have created the query and the form. I just don't know how to refine the records down to the ones I am looking for based on six different fields. If it was one I'd know what to do but because there are six I am lost. Can a macro filter a form based on six different fields that keep changing. Let me know. Thanks alot.

      Comment

      • garethfx
        New Member
        • Apr 2007
        • 49

        #4
        If you are searching for different criterias then why not either

        1. create a table with the params on
        or

        2. type the params into a search form that the query looks at

        either can work and you can set a number of differing criterias as the business grows

        Gareth

        Comment

        • jjstevens
          New Member
          • Dec 2006
          • 17

          #5
          I am not sure how to do what you are asking? Any further instructions that will help me figure it out or if someone knows the code in order to do this I will take that also. Thank you all for your help

          Comment

          Working...