Multiple Combo Box Form Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cp27
    New Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 2

    #1

    Multiple Combo Box Form Question

    Hi all,

    My name is Christopher, and I am creating a point of sale database for a flooring company. Thus far, I have customer, products, order, order details, installer and supplier. Specifically, customer links to order in a 1:M relationship. Furthermore, products, order, installer and supplier also connect to order details in a 1:M relationship. This is where I begin to have problems.

    1. Lets say I am creating a form in design view, and I just placed six combo boxes. I need each combo box to reference the above tables, would be nice if they auto-fill.

    2. In addition to the above, I would like for the entire form to auto-fill if the particular customer combo box has a name entered.

    3. I currently have created an order form with order details as a sub form with the access wizard. Under the sub-form there are the following colums:

    Quantity
    InstallPrice
    Freight
    SalesTax
    Discount

    Here, I would like to have a spot in the footer of the form that calculates the sub-total of the above. I believe that I understand the SUM function; however, when I input the sum function into the control source it is multipling, but multipling the ID numbers.

    I know this is a lot to ask. Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thank you for your time,
    Christopher
  • MMcCarthy
    Recognized Expert MVP
    • Aug 2006
    • 14387

    #2
    Hi Christopher

    There are a couple of tutorials you should have a look at.

    Please come back with any question you may have.

    Cascading combo/list boxes
    Cascading Forms

    Always remember that the tables on the many side of the relationship should be subforms of the main form build on the one side of the relationship

    Comment

    • cp27
      New Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 2

      #3
      Thanks so much for the tips. I will check out the tutorials and talk with you soon.

      Comment

      Working...