Functions not working

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Peter B

    #1

    Functions not working

    I have MS Access 2000. I have recently installed it on a new computer and
    transferred my mbd files across. These work OK, including those using SQL
    Aggregate funtions. However if I set up a new database, I find that some
    of these functions do not work. For instance, I get #Error messages when
    trying to use count([fieldname]) or Date(). Sum works OK. As far as I can
    see all relevant parts of Access and MS office seem to be installed.

    I have run repair and installed the latest MS Office service packs (to SP3),
    but the problem remains.

    Can any one help please?

    Peter




  • engles@ridesoft.com

    #2
    Re: Functions not working

    On Mar 23, 8:39 am, "Peter B" <kealtiess...@f 2s.comwrote:
    I have MS Access 2000. I have recently installed it on a new computer and
    transferred my mbd files across. These work OK, including those using SQL
    Aggregate funtions. However if I set up a new database, I find that some
    of these functions do not work. For instance, I get #Error messages when
    trying to use count([fieldname]) or Date(). Sum works OK. As far as I can
    see all relevant parts of Access and MS office seem to be installed.
    >
    I have run repair and installed the latest MS Office service packs (to SP3),
    but the problem remains.
    >
    Can any one help please?
    >
    Peter
    Look at your references. Some are missing.

    Comment

    • Peter B

      #3
      Re: Functions not working


      <engles@ridesof t.comwrote in message
      news:1174665359 .045394.130010@ e1g2000hsg.goog legroups.com...
      On Mar 23, 8:39 am, "Peter B" <kealtiess...@f 2s.comwrote:
      >I have MS Access 2000. I have recently installed it on a new computer
      >and
      >transferred my mbd files across. These work OK, including those using
      >SQL
      >Aggregate funtions. However if I set up a new database, I find that
      >some
      >of these functions do not work. For instance, I get #Error messages
      >when
      >trying to use count([fieldname]) or Date(). Sum works OK. As far as I
      >can
      >see all relevant parts of Access and MS office seem to be installed.
      >>
      >I have run repair and installed the latest MS Office service packs (to
      >SP3),
      >but the problem remains.
      >>
      >Can any one help please?
      >>
      >Peter
      >
      Look at your references. Some are missing.
      >
      Sorry - I do not understand "references "


      Comment

      Working...