Adding a button to a form interactively

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rapicles
    New Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 1

    #1

    Adding a button to a form interactively

    Hi, Currently I have an access 2003 database displaying a map of the UK. I've manually added buttons at locations relevant to our company, The buttons open a subform with details of the site. Is it possible to script the creation of a button, including tool tip and then drag button onto the map.

    Regards
  • ADezii
    Recognized Expert Expert
    • Apr 2006
    • 8834

    #2
    Originally posted by rapicles
    Hi, Currently I have an access 2003 database displaying a map of the UK. I've manually added buttons at locations relevant to our company, The buttons open a subform with details of the site. Is it possible to script the creation of a button, including tool tip and then drag button onto the map.

    Regards
    The dynamic creation of Access controls can be done but is used primarily in Custom Wizards, and the Form or Report must be in Design View, which really puts a kink in things. If you are still interested, look up the CreateControl() Method in Access Help.

    Comment

    • Rabbit
      Recognized Expert MVP
      • Jan 2007
      • 12517

      #3
      You could imitate this by having a control already created but making it invisible.

      Comment

      • NeoPa
        Recognized Expert Moderator MVP
        • Oct 2006
        • 32669

        #4
        Originally posted by rapicles
        Hi, Currently I have an access 2003 database displaying a map of the UK. I've manually added buttons at locations relevant to our company, The buttons open a subform with details of the site. Is it possible to script the creation of a button, including tool tip and then drag button onto the map.

        Regards
        If you're looking for a number of buttons which are mainly similar but with some modifications required, then simply create one then, using copy / paste, create various copies and amend them individually.

        Comment

        Working...