Inserting Subform Data in Table

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cassey14
    New Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 43

    #1

    Inserting Subform Data in Table

    Hi!

    I am having a problem here..I have a form and in that form I have a subform..Inside that subform it has data..I wanted to insert that data in a table..is it possible?please help me..


    tank you in advance!

    -cassey
  • NeoPa
    Recognized Expert Moderator MVP
    • Oct 2006
    • 32669

    #2
    Yes it's possible.
    Unfortunately, without information as to how the forms are joined; what the Record Sources are for the forms (or even if they're bound forms); if not bound how the forms are populated; The layout of the bound tables if bound; etc it's not easy to tell you the best way to do what you need to do.

    Comment

    • cassey14
      New Member
      • Dec 2006
      • 43

      #3
      Originally posted by NeoPa
      Yes it's possible.
      Unfortunately, without information as to how the forms are joined; what the Record Sources are for the forms (or even if they're bound forms); if not bound how the forms are populated; The layout of the bound tables if bound; etc it's not easy to tell you the best way to do what you need to do.
      thank you for the reply..
      Actually the main form is the search form and there are multiple fields I need to search and the result will display in the subform..I need to export that result in excel but the recordsource of my subform is a stored procedure and whenever they need to search it will ask for parameters..by the way I am using adp access..I am thinking, whenever they search i will create a temporary table and insert the result of the subform on the table I created so that when I click the button export to excel I will just call the temporary table I created.

      thank you in advance


      -cassey

      Comment

      • NeoPa
        Recognized Expert Moderator MVP
        • Oct 2006
        • 32669

        #4
        Just a bump for the moment I'm afraid.
        Struggling to keep up with the volumes but I've got this bookmarked for a revisit.

        Comment

        • NeoPa
          Recognized Expert Moderator MVP
          • Oct 2006
          • 32669

          #5
          Your solution should work.
          You can do it with the existing query / Stored Procedure though if required. It will be complicated though, if you have filtering to apply.
          First you need a QueryDef (saved query) to return the required results from the Stored Procedure. If the filtering (WHERE clause) needs changing this can either be done in place or on a temporary copy of the QueryDef which can be deleted when finished with. When the correct QueryDef is ready then simply export this Querydef to Excel in the usual way.

          This is a lot more involved so you may well prefer the temporary table method. If not, and you need further clarification of how this should work then post back explaining which bit(s) you need help on.

          Comment

          Working...