Returning Double Quotes With Variable in Query

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • veaux@aol.com

    #1

    Returning Double Quotes With Variable in Query

    I'm using Access query and have to spit out a text file to load into a
    3rd party program. The text file has to include quotes (" ") around
    certain infomation. The string I have is below.

    CustomAttribute s: "<xml><CustomAt tribute Name=""Disenrol lment Reason
    Code""' Value=" & "[default_disenro llment]" & " DataType=""TXT" " />


    My question is how do I include quotes around the field
    [default_disenro llment] so that it returns the value included in double
    quotes? So my output should be:

    <xml><CustomAtt ribute Name="Disenroll ment Reason Code"' Value="(Value
    from default_disenro llment) DataType="TXT" />


    I was able to find the double quotes trick here so I get the static
    text in quotes, but can't find for variables.

    Thanks!

  • veaux@aol.com

    #2
    Re: Returning Double Quotes With Variable in Query

    Never mind. I guess I had to use triple quotes!
    Thanks!

    veaux@aol.com wrote:
    I'm using Access query and have to spit out a text file to load into a
    3rd party program. The text file has to include quotes (" ") around
    certain infomation. The string I have is below.
    >
    CustomAttribute s: "<xml><CustomAt tribute Name=""Disenrol lment Reason
    Code""' Value=" & "[default_disenro llment]" & " DataType=""TXT" " />
    >
    >
    My question is how do I include quotes around the field
    [default_disenro llment] so that it returns the value included in double
    quotes? So my output should be:
    >
    <xml><CustomAtt ribute Name="Disenroll ment Reason Code"' Value="(Value
    from default_disenro llment) DataType="TXT" />
    >
    >
    I was able to find the double quotes trick here so I get the static
    text in quotes, but can't find for variables.
    >
    Thanks!

    Comment

    Working...