Subreport questions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff

    #1

    Subreport questions


    Hi

    I have multiple subreports that are appearing in a report. I've set
    them up in the page header section. The subreports aren't really
    related. They are just totals that have been requested by the client.
    It's a one page report in all cases.

    I have 2 questions. First, why are the subreports taking up so much
    room in the report? I have to leave a large chunk of empty space in the
    page header, even though the subreports don't take up that much space.
    The subreports themselves only take up as much room as it takes for
    "Total = 999999999".

    Secondly, if I run the subreport, I get 1 answer. If I run the report,
    I get another number entirely. Not sure what's going on there with
    this?

    Could someone help?

    Thanks

    Jeff

  • Rick Brandt

    #2
    Re: Subreport questions

    Jeff wrote:
    Hi
    >
    I have multiple subreports that are appearing in a report. I've set
    them up in the page header section. The subreports aren't really
    related. They are just totals that have been requested by the client.
    It's a one page report in all cases.
    >
    I have 2 questions. First, why are the subreports taking up so much
    room in the report? I have to leave a large chunk of empty space in
    the page header, even though the subreports don't take up that much
    space. The subreports themselves only take up as much room as it
    takes for "Total = 999999999".
    Page Headers do not support CanGrow = Yes Use the Report Header or a Group
    Header instead. Then you can make the subreports very small (vertically) and
    let them grow to what is needed.
    Secondly, if I run the subreport, I get 1 answer. If I run the report,
    I get another number entirely. Not sure what's going on there with
    this?
    Do you have entries in the MasterLink and ChildLink properties? That will
    effectively apply a filter to the subreports.

    --
    Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
    Email (as appropriate) to...
    RBrandt at Hunter dot com


    Comment

    • Jeff

      #3
      Re: Subreport questions


      I didn't think that I'd need parent/child relationships for several
      queries that have no relationship. Will it impact the fact that I only
      1 the subreport one time to tell it to have a relationship with another
      query? How would that work? Right now, I have 7 subreports, each with a
      specific type of query attached to it, totalling another type of field
      or requirement.

      Thanks.

      jeff

      Comment

      • Rick Brandt

        #4
        Re: Subreport questions

        Jeff wrote:
        I didn't think that I'd need parent/child relationships for several
        queries that have no relationship. Will it impact the fact that I only
        1 the subreport one time to tell it to have a relationship with
        another query? How would that work? Right now, I have 7 subreports,
        each with a specific type of query attached to it, totalling another
        type of field or requirement.
        >
        Thanks.
        >
        jeff
        Sorry, but that is gibberish. I was not asking about relationships (queries
        don't have them by the way, only tables do). Subreports are hosted inside
        subreport *controls* and subreport controls have two properties MasterLink and
        ChildLink. If those have entries in them then your subreport will be filtered
        based on those entries. I was just suggesting that you check those properties.


        --
        Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
        Email (as appropriate) to...
        RBrandt at Hunter dot com


        Comment

        Working...