Hello All,
Im customizing a front end for an existing database that exists between various table with relationships already in place.
There are various forms i have created where the user will input data. However, I do not want them to have to enter any ID fields because this is the primary key and I would like it to simply be a number +1 higher than the previous record.
The ID fields have been entered starting at 1001 (for some ridiculous reason), so row 1 would be 1001, row 72 would be 1072, etc.
I have tried to change it to autonumber, but access wont let me, Ive tried making another autonumber ID field with '/1000' format, deleting the first one and renaming the new one, but Im told it would mean there is redundant data, and the reports show errors when run.
Is there a formula I can enter into the default value argument so that the new ID record is always 1 higher than the previous?
Any help would be great
Cheers
Im customizing a front end for an existing database that exists between various table with relationships already in place.
There are various forms i have created where the user will input data. However, I do not want them to have to enter any ID fields because this is the primary key and I would like it to simply be a number +1 higher than the previous record.
The ID fields have been entered starting at 1001 (for some ridiculous reason), so row 1 would be 1001, row 72 would be 1072, etc.
I have tried to change it to autonumber, but access wont let me, Ive tried making another autonumber ID field with '/1000' format, deleting the first one and renaming the new one, but Im told it would mean there is redundant data, and the reports show errors when run.
Is there a formula I can enter into the default value argument so that the new ID record is always 1 higher than the previous?
Any help would be great
Cheers
Comment