Pop up Sub Form

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kazbar81
    New Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 1

    #1

    Pop up Sub Form

    Hi. I have used access a bit. I am building a data base to record members and types of membership.

    I have family membership and single membership. What I want to record is who is in a family and whether or not they are the head of the household or a member of the household.

    What I would like it to do when imputing into the members detail form have a pop up form triggered by family membership to select head of household or member of household. If head of household is selected then the name of the current member gets added to a seperate table. If member of household is selected then a dropdown list appears of all the head of households to select the household that the member belongs to.

    Is this possible and how hard is to to achieve? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • MMcCarthy
    Recognized Expert MVP
    • Aug 2006
    • 14387

    #2
    Originally posted by kazbar81
    Hi. I have used access a bit. I am building a data base to record members and types of membership.

    I have family membership and single membership. What I want to record is who is in a family and whether or not they are the head of the household or a member of the household.

    What I would like it to do when imputing into the members detail form have a pop up form triggered by family membership to select head of household or member of household. If head of household is selected then the name of the current member gets added to a seperate table. If member of household is selected then a dropdown list appears of all the head of households to select the household that the member belongs to.

    Is this possible and how hard is to to achieve? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I would actually use the same table for both but have a foreign key reference to the primary key of its own table. Set this up to reference the primary key and name in a drop down box for ease of selection.

    For instance if member is head of househole then the foreign key would remain blank. I would also have a field to indicate head of household Yes/No to make querying easier.

    However, if a member is not head of household you could choose the appropriate head of household from the foreign key.

    Comment

    Working...