Calculation Problems in Access 2003

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BuckBaxter
    New Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 6

    #1

    Calculation Problems in Access 2003

    I'm having trouble getting results in the right format. I want to multiply UnitPrice by Quantity with the result in ExtendedPrice. The ExtendedPrice result winds up with one too many digits after the decimal point that causes SubTotal to be off by a cent or two. I've changed data types on all fields and I seem to be getting the best results with the text data type. However, I'm still getting three digits after the decimal in ExtendedPrice. I've tried setting the decimal point value to 2 but it has no effect. Any suggestions?
  • r035198x
    MVP
    • Sep 2006
    • 13225

    #2
    Originally posted by BuckBaxter
    I'm having trouble getting results in the right format. I want to multiply UnitPrice by Quantity with the result in ExtendedPrice. The ExtendedPrice result winds up with one too many digits after the decimal point that causes SubTotal to be off by a cent or two. I've changed data types on all fields and I seem to be getting the best results with the text data type. However, I'm still getting three digits after the decimal in ExtendedPrice. I've tried setting the decimal point value to 2 but it has no effect. Any suggestions?
    Only one post is enough for people to help you. Double posting puts some people off.

    Comment

    • BuckBaxter
      New Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 6

      #3
      The double post was an accident.....Oh , by the way, thanks for the help Dickweed.

      Comment

      • darren1317
        New Member
        • Oct 2006
        • 2

        #4
        Originally posted by BuckBaxter
        The double post was an accident.....Oh , by the way, thanks for the help Dickweed.
        Oh dear, I think you've blown your chances of getting help now!

        Comment

        • dima69
          Recognized Expert New Member
          • Sep 2006
          • 181

          #5
          It's really quite simple - you should use Round function within your Extended price calculation:
          Code:
          =Round([Price]*[Quant],2)
          And also within the total:
          Code:
          =Sum(Round([Price]*[Quant],2))

          Comment

          • r035198x
            MVP
            • Sep 2006
            • 13225

            #6
            Originally posted by BuckBaxter
            The double post was an accident.....Oh , by the way, thanks for the help Dickweed.
            That is not neccessary

            Comment

            Working...