Form Requery with Multiple Users

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jackson via AccessMonster.com

    #1

    Form Requery with Multiple Users

    Hi,

    I've got a form where multiple users will be 'booking' their trades. Several
    bound fields have on update/change requery code for the Form, this is to
    limit the rest of the fields based on these. The first user has no problems
    but the 2nd user, if tries to change on of these fields which force a requery,
    I get an error in the code, I guess because the first user has 'locked' the
    form from doing requeries...is there an easy way to fix this?

    Any help appreciated.

    Regards,
    Jack.

    --
    Message posted via AccessMonster.c om
    TRIBUN855 menghadirkan informasi lengkap seputar permainan online terbaru, akses VIP player, game online gratis, permainan tanpa uang asli serta berbagai fitur dan mekanisme permainan digital.


  • Tom van Stiphout

    #2
    Re: Form Requery with Multiple Users

    On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:42:12 GMT, "Jackson via AccessMonster.c om"
    <u11192@uwewrot e:

    If I understand you correctly, you are using several fields to filter
    the result set based on those values. These fields should be unbound.

    -Tom.
    >Hi,
    >
    >I've got a form where multiple users will be 'booking' their trades. Several
    >bound fields have on update/change requery code for the Form, this is to
    >limit the rest of the fields based on these. The first user has no problems
    >but the 2nd user, if tries to change on of these fields which force a requery,
    >I get an error in the code, I guess because the first user has 'locked' the
    >form from doing requeries...is there an easy way to fix this?
    >
    >Any help appreciated.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Jack.

    Comment

    • jackwoodhead via AccessMonster.com

      #3
      Re: Form Requery with Multiple Users

      Users fill out a form with bound fields to a table, the records of which they
      are populating - is it bad to do this?

      Tom van Stiphout wrote:
      >If I understand you correctly, you are using several fields to filter
      >the result set based on those values. These fields should be unbound.
      >
      >-Tom.
      >
      >>Hi,
      >>
      >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
      >>Regards,
      >>Jack.
      --
      Message posted via AccessMonster.c om
      TRIBUN855 menghadirkan informasi lengkap seputar permainan online terbaru, akses VIP player, game online gratis, permainan tanpa uang asli serta berbagai fitur dan mekanisme permainan digital.


      Comment

      • Tom van Stiphout

        #4
        Re: Form Requery with Multiple Users

        On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:23:08 GMT, "jackwoodhe ad via AccessMonster.c om"
        <u11192@uwewrot e:

        No, generally you want to have bound forms. I must have misunderstood
        your situation. Can you reformulate your question?
        -Tom.

        >Users fill out a form with bound fields to a table, the records of which they
        >are populating - is it bad to do this?
        >
        >Tom van Stiphout wrote:
        >>If I understand you correctly, you are using several fields to filter
        >>the result set based on those values. These fields should be unbound.
        >>
        >>-Tom.
        >>
        >>>Hi,
        >>>
        >>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
        >>>Regards,
        >>>Jack.

        Comment

        • Ron2006

          #5
          Re: Form Requery with Multiple Users

          Is your application split between tables in one MDB and the forms etc
          in a second MDB that is linked to the first MDB?

          Forms don't get locked with multiple users. Records can, but not even
          queries should have a problem (unless it is an update query).

          Ron

          Comment

          Working...