Refreshing a form

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Iain
    New Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 6

    #1

    Refreshing a form

    I am attempting to create an "easy input (from the pov of the user)" form.

    A main form displays one page per record with a sub form displaying a list of records related to the main record. The sub records can be updated manually (in particular -added). I want to add functionality where a user can also update (add) from a lookup. The look up is listing of records, (I am not adding a drop down because of multiple field search requrements) that the user can select from. I have succsesfully managed to get a second form to display search results and append flagged (Yes/No toggle) records to the source (sub) records.

    The problem I am facing is that I cannot get the main form with main and related sub records to automatically update / refresh (without the closing and reoppening and then navigating to the required main record).

    Can any one offer me advice on what I might be able to do (it's a might/maybe because I am new to this)?

    Thanks
    Iain
  • MMcCarthy
    Recognized Expert MVP
    • Aug 2006
    • 14387

    #2
    I don't really understand what you're trying to do. If you add or edit a sub record why do you need the parent record to change?



    Originally posted by Iain
    I am attempting to create an "easy input (from the pov of the user)" form.

    A main form displays one page per record with a sub form displaying a list of records related to the main record. The sub records can be updated manually (in particular -added). I want to add functionality where a user can also update (add) from a lookup. The look up is listing of records, (I am not adding a drop down because of multiple field search requrements) that the user can select from. I have succsesfully managed to get a second form to display search results and append flagged (Yes/No toggle) records to the source (sub) records.

    The problem I am facing is that I cannot get the main form with main and related sub records to automatically update / refresh (without the closing and reoppening and then navigating to the required main record).

    Can any one offer me advice on what I might be able to do (it's a might/maybe because I am new to this)?

    Thanks
    Iain

    Comment

    Working...