What does this mean ==> ?", ",""

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MLH

    #1

    What does this mean ==> ?", ",""

    If I run ?", ",""
    in the immediate window,
    I get a comma followed by 13 spaces.
    It is difficult for me to understand this.
  • pietlinden@hotmail.com

    #2
    Re: What does this mean ==> ?", ","&q uot;


    MLH wrote:[color=blue]
    > If I run ?", ",""
    > in the immediate window,
    > I get a comma followed by 13 spaces.
    > It is difficult for me to understand this.[/color]

    Have you made sure the HELP file is working? Have you ever actually
    opened it?
    commas put data in the debug window into columns.

    Some people learn by experimentation ... some don't. I guess you fit
    into the latter category.

    Comment

    • Terry Kreft

      #3
      Re: What does this mean ==> ?", ","&q uot;

      Try this
      ?"a";"b"

      You'll get
      ab

      Try this
      ?"a","b"

      You'll get
      a b

      The semi-colon (;) separator means put the results straight after each
      other the comma (,) separator means put a tab between them (only of course
      it's not a tab it's x number of spaces.

      A colon (:) is a line separator in the debug window as well as in code so
      ?"a";"b":debug. Print "c";"d"

      returns
      ab
      cd

      And
      ?"a","b":debug. Print "c","d"

      returns
      a b
      c d

      and you can do stuff like
      x = "a": debug.Print x

      Which returns
      a

      To return to your post
      ?", ",""

      Means print a literal comma (",") and then a tab (,) and then an empty
      string ("").



      --

      Terry Kreft


      "MLH" <CRCI@NorthStat e.net> wrote in message
      news:n4f192d189 pbiu6mfu2dcpeoc 06odcqdcc@4ax.c om...[color=blue]
      > If I run ?", ",""
      > in the immediate window,
      > I get a comma followed by 13 spaces.
      > It is difficult for me to understand this.[/color]


      Comment

      • MLH

        #4
        Re: What does this mean ==&gt; ?&quot;, &quot;,&quot;&q uot;

        Many thanks, Terry. It really was
        quite confusing to me. Now I have it.

        Comment

        Working...