Label Printing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wayne

    #1

    Label Printing

    I have a simple database of addresses each with unique key and the user
    is able to create a table of selected keys and how many labels they
    need for each. The print program, using label counting techniques,
    shows, in print preview, the correct number of labels.
    When printed, though, the first keyed entry sometimes prints correctly
    with, say, 6 labels, or sometimes with 2 or 4. All the following keys
    have their correct number of labels printed.
    In Access 2000 but tried in 2003 with same result and to different
    printers.

  • Allen Browne

    #2
    Re: Label Printing

    How are you instructing Access to print the quantity of each label?

    One common approach is to use code in the reports events. This won't work
    reliably: it has exactly the problems you describe.

    For details and an alternative, see:
    Printing a Quantity of a Label
    at:
    How to repeat an item (such as a packing label) a number of times on a report in Microsoft Access. The technique uses a query that generates a record for each label you want.


    --
    Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
    Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
    Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

    "Wayne" <wayne.walters@ nhs.net> wrote in message
    news:1150209829 .499095.161550@ p79g2000cwp.goo glegroups.com.. .[color=blue]
    >I have a simple database of addresses each with unique key and the user
    > is able to create a table of selected keys and how many labels they
    > need for each. The print program, using label counting techniques,
    > shows, in print preview, the correct number of labels.
    > When printed, though, the first keyed entry sometimes prints correctly
    > with, say, 6 labels, or sometimes with 2 or 4. All the following keys
    > have their correct number of labels printed.
    > In Access 2000 but tried in 2003 with same result and to different
    > printers.
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • w_a_n_n_a_l_l_ -@-_s_b_c_g_l_o_b_a_l._n_e_t

      #3
      Re: Label Printing


      On 13-Jun-2006, "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@Se eSig.Invalid> wrote:
      [color=blue]
      > For details and an alternative, see:
      > Printing a Quantity of a Label
      > at:
      > http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html[/color]

      That is one slick solution. Simple. Pragmatic. Bulletproof for all
      practical purposes. I wish I'd thought of it.

      Comment

      • Wayne

        #4
        Re: Label Printing


        w_a_n_n_a_l_l_-@-_s_b_c_g_l_o_b_ a_l._n_e_t wrote:
        [color=blue]
        > On 13-Jun-2006, "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@Se eSig.Invalid> wrote:
        >[color=green]
        > > For details and an alternative, see:
        > > Printing a Quantity of a Label
        > > at:
        > > http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html[/color]
        >
        > That is one slick solution. Simple. Pragmatic. Bulletproof for all
        > practical purposes. I wish I'd thought of it.[/color]

        Comment

        • Wayne

          #5
          Re: Label Printing

          Having trouble replying. Thanks for the above. I did add a report
          header and initialised the label count there and it is now fine. Page
          Preview is not wysiwyg - how could I have known this in advance?
          Cheers

          Comment

          Working...