Can not use Date()

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jofo

    #1

    Can not use Date()

    Hello All,

    I have a problem. I inherited a database where someone used DATE as a
    table field.

    I actually need to use the Date() function in order to set the date.
    Everytime I try to use the Date() function, it resets to DATE field
    name.

    I tried to use Format(Now(), m/d/yyyy), and Format(Date(), m/d/yyyy)
    but this does nothing or the latter resets to DATE. *smiles*

    I have also tried rewriting the table name and changing the forms.
    Still no luck.
    Access has seems to of cached the DATE field name.

    I even created a new db and imported only things that do not use that
    table and associated forms to that table. Still no luck.

    Any ideas before I scratch the entire db and start over completely?

    Thanks.

  • Terry Kreft

    #2
    Re: Can not use Date()

    Try VBA.Date

    --

    Terry Kreft


    "jofo" <joey.foley@gma il.com> wrote in message
    news:1149007247 .964089.26620@j 73g2000cwa.goog legroups.com...[color=blue]
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have a problem. I inherited a database where someone used DATE as a
    > table field.
    >
    > I actually need to use the Date() function in order to set the date.
    > Everytime I try to use the Date() function, it resets to DATE field
    > name.
    >
    > I tried to use Format(Now(), m/d/yyyy), and Format(Date(), m/d/yyyy)
    > but this does nothing or the latter resets to DATE. *smiles*
    >
    > I have also tried rewriting the table name and changing the forms.
    > Still no luck.
    > Access has seems to of cached the DATE field name.
    >
    > I even created a new db and imported only things that do not use that
    > table and associated forms to that table. Still no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas before I scratch the entire db and start over completely?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • jofo

      #3
      Re: Can not use Date()

      That work.

      Thank you thank you thank you.

      Comment

      Working...