Create excel spreadsheet from recordset

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PeterW

    #1

    Create excel spreadsheet from recordset

    Hello.

    Is it possible, using code, to create a spreadsheet in excel format, with
    cells containing constant text and formulae and inserting data from a
    recordset in specific cells?

    If so, could someone point me to an information page with details on how to
    achieve this?

    Many thanks

    PeterW


  • Bob Quintal

    #2
    Re: Create excel spreadsheet from recordset

    "PeterW" <pwooly@btinter net.com> wrote in
    news:ZMadnV0diP eyLN3ZRVny1w@bt .com:
    [color=blue]
    > Hello.
    >
    > Is it possible, using code, to create a spreadsheet in excel
    > format, with cells containing constant text and formulae and
    > inserting data from a recordset in specific cells?
    >
    > If so, could someone point me to an information page with
    > details on how to achieve this?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > PeterW
    >[/color]
    start with these:




    Note to PCD: Don't go away mad, just go away.
    --
    Bob Quintal

    PA is y I've altered my email address.

    Comment

    • PeterW

      #3
      Re: Create excel spreadsheet from recordset

      Just what I was looking for.

      Many thanks.


      Peterw


      Comment

      • PC D

        #4
        Re: Create excel spreadsheet from recordset

        I am SURPRISED!!!

        You did not recommend your procedure to export records to Excel that takes
        hours to run!!! Since ot works, you said that it is the correct way to do
        it.


        "Bob Quintal" <rquintal@sympa tico.ca> wrote in message
        news:Xns97A655D 1E4984BQuintal@ 207.35.177.135. ..[color=blue]
        > "PeterW" <pwooly@btinter net.com> wrote in
        > news:ZMadnV0diP eyLN3ZRVny1w@bt .com:
        >[color=green]
        >> Hello.
        >>
        >> Is it possible, using code, to create a spreadsheet in excel
        >> format, with cells containing constant text and formulae and
        >> inserting data from a recordset in specific cells?
        >>
        >> If so, could someone point me to an information page with
        >> details on how to achieve this?
        >>
        >> Many thanks
        >>
        >> PeterW
        >>[/color]
        > start with these:
        > http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0006.htm
        > http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0035.htm
        >
        >
        > Note to PCD: Don't go away mad, just go away.
        > --
        > Bob Quintal
        >
        > PA is y I've altered my email address.[/color]


        Comment

        • tommaso.gastaldi@uniroma1.it

          #5
          Re: Create excel spreadsheet from recordset

          I would use ole autom only for occasional work and small dataset (every
          time I tried it took ages, especially if you have complex cell
          formatting).

          I would rather look for XML

          for instance (there are several refs on the web):
          http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/ar...27/433152.aspx

          -tom

          Comment

          Working...