I have a table with a hyperlink field pointing to an Excel file that I
would like to automatically print out on a report form.
For example, I have a table:
Part--------Drawing(hyperli nk field)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part1------\\sharedrive\dr awings\part1exc elfile.xls(hype rlink)
Part2------\\sharedrive\dr awings\part2exc elfile.xls(hype rlink)
Part3------\\sharedrive\dr awings\part3exc elfile.xls(hype rlink)
I want to be able to automatically print the associated drawing for the
parts returned in a query. If the query returns Part1 and Part3, I
want part1excelfile. xls and part3excelfile. xls to print out--whether it
be on a report or form.
I have been able to print a report based on a plain text field that
contained the path to a jpg image and the following code used a source
for an image frame:
Private Sub Detail_Format(C ancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
Me![ImageFrame].picture = me![ImagePath]
End Sub
ImagePath being the field that lists the location of the file
(\\sharedrive\p icture.jpg)
However, now, I need to do this with an Excel file.
Can this be done? I don't want to store the excel file as an OLE
object and have a huge database file.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Chad
would like to automatically print out on a report form.
For example, I have a table:
Part--------Drawing(hyperli nk field)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part1------\\sharedrive\dr awings\part1exc elfile.xls(hype rlink)
Part2------\\sharedrive\dr awings\part2exc elfile.xls(hype rlink)
Part3------\\sharedrive\dr awings\part3exc elfile.xls(hype rlink)
I want to be able to automatically print the associated drawing for the
parts returned in a query. If the query returns Part1 and Part3, I
want part1excelfile. xls and part3excelfile. xls to print out--whether it
be on a report or form.
I have been able to print a report based on a plain text field that
contained the path to a jpg image and the following code used a source
for an image frame:
Private Sub Detail_Format(C ancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
Me![ImageFrame].picture = me![ImagePath]
End Sub
ImagePath being the field that lists the location of the file
(\\sharedrive\p icture.jpg)
However, now, I need to do this with an Excel file.
Can this be done? I don't want to store the excel file as an OLE
object and have a huge database file.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Chad