Numbering Labels

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • callieandmark@yahoo.co.uk

    #1

    Numbering Labels

    I need to print out labels (which are set up as a a report) from form.
    I can tell access how many labels to print, but I also want to add to
    each label "Box 1 of 5", "Box 2 of 5", "Box 3 of 5" etc etc. My labels
    are 2 up to sheet.
    Any ideas ?

    Many Thanks

  • Allen Browne

    #2
    Re: Numbering Labels

    See:
    Printing a Quantity of a Label
    at:
    How to repeat an item (such as a packing label) a number of times on a report in Microsoft Access. The technique uses a query that generates a record for each label you want.


    The article explains how to use a query to generate a record for each label
    to be printed, and add the counter to the label.

    --
    Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
    Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
    Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

    <callieandmark@ yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:1123097626 .640964.230900@ g44g2000cwa.goo glegroups.com.. .[color=blue]
    >I need to print out labels (which are set up as a a report) from form.
    > I can tell access how many labels to print, but I also want to add to
    > each label "Box 1 of 5", "Box 2 of 5", "Box 3 of 5" etc etc. My labels
    > are 2 up to sheet.
    > Any ideas ?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Allen Browne

      #3
      Re: Numbering Labels

      See:
      Printing a Quantity of a Label
      at:
      How to repeat an item (such as a packing label) a number of times on a report in Microsoft Access. The technique uses a query that generates a record for each label you want.


      The article explains how to use a query to generate a record for each label
      to be printed, and add the counter to the label.

      --
      Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
      Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
      Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

      <callieandmark@ yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
      news:1123097626 .640964.230900@ g44g2000cwa.goo glegroups.com.. .[color=blue]
      >I need to print out labels (which are set up as a a report) from form.
      > I can tell access how many labels to print, but I also want to add to
      > each label "Box 1 of 5", "Box 2 of 5", "Box 3 of 5" etc etc. My labels
      > are 2 up to sheet.
      > Any ideas ?
      >
      > Many Thanks
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • callieandmark@yahoo.co.uk

        #4
        Re: Numbering Labels

        Thats great, but my labels are 2 up to a sheet. So, how do I get 1 of 5
        on the top label, 2 of 5 on the bottom, 3 of 5 on the top label of the
        next and so on. ?

        Comment

        • callieandmark@yahoo.co.uk

          #5
          Re: Numbering Labels

          Thats great, but my labels are 2 up to a sheet. So, how do I get 1 of 5
          on the top label, 2 of 5 on the bottom, 3 of 5 on the top label of the
          next and so on. ?

          Comment

          • Allen Browne

            #6
            Re: Numbering Labels

            Use the Label Wizard (when you create a report) to generate the report that
            is laid out as you wish. Select the query as the source.

            If the result does not sort correctly, you can switch to design view, and
            use the Sorting And Grouping box (View menu) to specify the sort order.

            --
            Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
            Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
            Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

            <callieandmark@ yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
            news:1123183304 .009766.6260@o1 3g2000cwo.googl egroups.com...[color=blue]
            > Thats great, but my labels are 2 up to a sheet. So, how do I get 1 of 5
            > on the top label, 2 of 5 on the bottom, 3 of 5 on the top label of the
            > next and so on.[/color]


            Comment

            • Allen Browne

              #7
              Re: Numbering Labels

              Use the Label Wizard (when you create a report) to generate the report that
              is laid out as you wish. Select the query as the source.

              If the result does not sort correctly, you can switch to design view, and
              use the Sorting And Grouping box (View menu) to specify the sort order.

              --
              Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
              Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
              Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

              <callieandmark@ yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
              news:1123183304 .009766.6260@o1 3g2000cwo.googl egroups.com...[color=blue]
              > Thats great, but my labels are 2 up to a sheet. So, how do I get 1 of 5
              > on the top label, 2 of 5 on the bottom, 3 of 5 on the top label of the
              > next and so on.[/color]


              Comment

              Working...