Looking for 3rd Party Developers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mondrogan

    #1

    Looking for 3rd Party Developers

    I'm hoping to find a newsgroup thread (article? not sure of my terminology)
    where 3rd party developers for Access post to advertise their websites
    and/or discuss their products. If there's no such thing, maybe somebody
    could recommend some websites to me? Thanks in advance.


  • Larry Linson

    #2
    Re: Looking for 3rd Party Developers

    There used to be a few websites, free to both developers and clients, but
    the ones I knew about have "gone the way of all flesh". The only ones that I
    know about now are the developers' own websites, which may be listed in
    their SIGs or referenced as sources of particular technical answers in
    various posts, and ones where they pay to be listed.

    You'll find many links in the FAQ at http://www.mvps.org/access and at my
    user group site http://ntaccess.tripod.com, but all of those are links
    included for the technical information they provide -- the sites may or may
    not advertise the services of the author (mine, for example, does not).

    The best approach that I can suggest is to watch the posts here, and try to
    contact people who consistently give good answers to questions in the areas
    of your concern. I suggest you avoid those whose responses seem to be only
    or largely "trolling for customers". I am sure your post will have drawn a
    number of e-mail responses from those seeking work -- check them out very
    carefully before you agree to contract with them.

    Larry Linson


    "Mondrogan" <mondrogan@comc ast.net> wrote in message
    news:c-GdnZvLhe9kL3bfR Vn-ug@comcast.com. ..[color=blue]
    > I'm hoping to find a newsgroup thread (article? not sure of my
    > terminology) where 3rd party developers for Access post to advertise their
    > websites and/or discuss their products. If there's no such thing, maybe
    > somebody could recommend some websites to me? Thanks in advance.
    >[/color]


    Comment

    Working...