Gather information from Excel PivotCache

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • carrionk@yahoo.com

    #1

    Gather information from Excel PivotCache

    Hi,

    I'm currently working with a Legacy System whose only output is pivot
    tables in Excel.

    If I need certain data, I change the pivot table to get the information
    I want. All the info is stored in the PivotCache as normally info would
    exceed 65535 lines, so theres no detail in DB format.

    I'd like to know if it's possible to connect Access to the pivotCache
    of the Excel file, to gather information through queries.

    Regards.

    LC

  • David Schofield

    #2
    Re: Gather information from Excel PivotCache

    On 11 Jul 2005 10:21:19 -0700, carrionk@yahoo. com wrote:
    [color=blue]
    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm currently working with a Legacy System whose only output is pivot
    >tables in Excel.
    >
    >If I need certain data, I change the pivot table to get the information
    >I want. All the info is stored in the PivotCache as normally info would
    >exceed 65535 lines, so theres no detail in DB format.
    >
    >I'd like to know if it's possible to connect Access to the pivotCache
    >of the Excel file, to gather information through queries.
    >
    >Regards.
    >
    >LC
    >[/color]
    Hi
    Should be possible via automation (ugh!)
    See
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...PivotCache.asp
    Incidentally I see that that page has a HTML error on it.
    My own knowledge of the subject is zilch so maybe this won't do what
    you need but it seems to have a fairly full object hierarchy.

    A tip: I found this by using Google looking for "excel pivotcache"
    where it came up as the second item found.

    David

    Comment

    Working...