Connect to Copied SQL Database

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Alex Shirley

    #1

    Connect to Copied SQL Database

    Hi

    Hopefully a no brainer here.

    I have an Access 2003 application that was upsized automatically to an
    SQL 2000 database using a wizard. Works fine.

    Recently I've copied and pasted that SQL database and therefore
    generated an "exact" copy of the database on the same server. Now all
    I now want is the access application to point to this copied database
    instead of the original one.

    I cannot for the life of me work out how to change the
    connectionstrin g (which must have been generated somewhere?), unless
    there is some sort of UI to do this.

    Is there a quick way of doing this? (i.e. flipping between two
    identical databases).

    nb I do not need to do this programmaticall y, I just need to Access to
    know what database it is pointing to when the application executes.

    Many Thanks!

    Alex
  • Trevor Best

    #2
    Re: Connect to Copied SQL Database

    Alex Shirley wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Hi
    >
    > Hopefully a no brainer here.
    >
    > I have an Access 2003 application that was upsized automatically to an
    > SQL 2000 database using a wizard. Works fine.
    >
    > Recently I've copied and pasted that SQL database and therefore
    > generated an "exact" copy of the database on the same server. Now all
    > I now want is the access application to point to this copied database
    > instead of the original one.
    >
    > I cannot for the life of me work out how to change the
    > connectionstrin g (which must have been generated somewhere?), unless
    > there is some sort of UI to do this.
    >
    > Is there a quick way of doing this? (i.e. flipping between two
    > identical databases).
    >
    > nb I do not need to do this programmaticall y, I just need to Access to
    > know what database it is pointing to when the application executes.
    >
    > Many Thanks!
    >
    > Alex[/color]

    Tools->Database Utilities->Linked Table Manager


    --
    Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer

    Comment

    Working...