display messages

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rudy

    #1

    display messages

    I am using a form for data entry that I want to be able to change the
    message that appears when I click on a button to process the entry.
    The current message that appears is 'you can't go to the specified
    record'. Can this be edited or replaced with one that states 'record
    is already in database' or something more meaningful.

    Thanks,
    Rudy
  • fredg

    #2
    Re: display messages

    On 18 Jun 2004 10:03:31 -0700, rudy wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > I am using a form for data entry that I want to be able to change the
    > message that appears when I click on a button to process the entry.
    > The current message that appears is 'you can't go to the specified
    > record'. Can this be edited or replaced with one that states 'record
    > is already in database' or something more meaningful.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rudy[/color]

    Code the Form's Error Event:
    MsgBox "The error# is " & DataErr
    Resume acDataErrContin ue

    open the form and intentionally make the error.

    The message box will appear with the error number.

    Then re-code the Error event to:
    If DataErr = XXXX Then
    MsgBox "Your new message here."
    Resume acDataErrContin ue
    Else
    MsgBox "Error #: " & DataErr
    Resume acDataErrDispla y
    End If
    --
    Fred
    Please only reply to this newsgroup.
    I do not reply to personal email.

    Comment

    Working...