Combobox item select problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cillies

    #1

    Combobox item select problem

    Hi all,

    I was wondering if anyone knows how to manipulate combo boxes.

    What I want to do is as follows:

    - Two combo boxes
    1st box contains = Interested, Not Interested
    2nd box contains = Renewal, Upgrade, new

    What I want to able to do is to select for example 'Not interested'
    which will then disable combo box 2 (so as the user cannot select from
    it)

    eg2: select 'interested' which will allow the user to select one item
    from box 2.

    (I would probably use listboxes)

    Any help would be greatly appreciated

    Kindest regards
  • Salad

    #2
    Re: Combobox item select problem

    Cillies wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knows how to manipulate combo boxes.
    >
    > What I want to do is as follows:
    >
    > - Two combo boxes
    > 1st box contains = Interested, Not Interested
    > 2nd box contains = Renewal, Upgrade, new
    >
    > What I want to able to do is to select for example 'Not interested'
    > which will then disable combo box 2 (so as the user cannot select from
    > it)
    >
    > eg2: select 'interested' which will allow the user to select one item
    > from box 2.
    >
    > (I would probably use listboxes)
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated
    >
    > Kindest regards[/color]

    Initially start combo2 as disabled. Then in your afterupdate event of
    the 1st combo enter something like
    Me.Combo2.Enabl ed = (Me.Combo1 = "Interested ")

    You mention listboxes. For the first combo I'd recommend an option
    group instead since both options are available w/o a dropdown. Then
    your code would look something like
    Me.Combo2.Enabl ed = (Me.Frame1 = 1)
    if the first checkbox/radiobutton was Interested and the 2nd Not Interested.

    Comment

    • Lee Canavan

      #3
      Re: Combobox item select problem

      Thanks for the qucik reply, I won't get a chance to try it out but it
      seems straight forward enough. Thank again



      *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
      Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

      Comment

      • devdex.com

        #4
        Re: Combobox item select problem

        Hi I tried that, and it worked fine, but I have since added more options
        in the combo box1, all of which should allow the user to use combobox2
        (but not if "Not Interested" is selected)

        Plus I have also added a third combo box that will operated the same as
        combo2.

        I.e
        if any option in combo 1 is selected (except not interested) then the
        user will be allowed to use combos 2&3 but if the user selects not
        interested in combo1 than the user will not be allowed to use combo2 or
        3.





        *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
        Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

        Comment

        Working...