Access creating faxes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Andy Rigby

    #1

    Access creating faxes

    I'm setting up a small network of 3 WinXp Pro machines and a shared
    Access database.

    I need to be able to send faxes from the copy of Access that's running
    on any of the machines, using VBA.

    I've established that the WinXP fax software does not allow sharing,
    so I'm thinking about using Winfax 10 (apparently this version works
    on XP). I've not had any experience of WinFax.

    Question: I want to be able to load Winfax on one PC (the one that's
    got a modem attached) and then, on the other PC's, just load some
    WinFax 'client' software so that Access can 'print' to the shared fax
    'printer' and send faxes.

    Has anyone done this with Access and Winfax? In particular, I need to
    be able to pass the recipient phone number via DDE or whatever so that
    the fax gets sent automatically.

    Andy
  • Siggy = Sigurd Bruteig

    #2
    Re: Access creating faxes

    Hi
    Actually, the Winfax version running on Windows XP is 10.02 Winfax can be
    run in network, and it is no difference if you code your own procedures, or
    use Winfax GUI. When you install and configure Winfax you have to set one
    computer as host, and the other computers in the network as clients. Winfax
    can't be run on all ISDN cards, check Symantec supported cards.


    _______________ _____________

    Sigurd Bruteig



    "Andy Rigby" <ecol1111@yahoo .co.uk> skrev i melding
    news:d7d8dd25.0 405100720.d90ea 12@posting.goog le.com...[color=blue]
    > I'm setting up a small network of 3 WinXp Pro machines and a shared
    > Access database.
    >
    > I need to be able to send faxes from the copy of Access that's running
    > on any of the machines, using VBA.
    >
    > I've established that the WinXP fax software does not allow sharing,
    > so I'm thinking about using Winfax 10 (apparently this version works
    > on XP). I've not had any experience of WinFax.
    >
    > Question: I want to be able to load Winfax on one PC (the one that's
    > got a modem attached) and then, on the other PC's, just load some
    > WinFax 'client' software so that Access can 'print' to the shared fax
    > 'printer' and send faxes.
    >
    > Has anyone done this with Access and Winfax? In particular, I need to
    > be able to pass the recipient phone number via DDE or whatever so that
    > the fax gets sent automatically.
    >
    > Andy[/color]


    Comment

    • Andy Rigby

      #3
      Re: Access creating faxes

      Siggy

      Winfax 10.02 sounds good...are you sure that all the PC's running the
      client software can send faxes via VBA procedures, and not just the
      host PC?

      Is Winfax a fairly stable product? I was a bit worried to see that
      Google no longer indexes the group
      symantec.suppor t.network.winfa x.general. I assume that the product is
      still being developed and supported?

      Andy



      "Siggy = Sigurd Bruteig" <s-brutexxx@online .no> wrote in message news:<01Tnc.639 $RL3.8028@news2 .e.nsc.no>...[color=blue]
      > Hi
      > Actually, the Winfax version running on Windows XP is 10.02 Winfax can be
      > run in network, and it is no difference if you code your own procedures, or
      > use Winfax GUI. When you install and configure Winfax you have to set one
      > computer as host, and the other computers in the network as clients. Winfax
      > can't be run on all ISDN cards, check Symantec supported cards.
      >
      >
      > _______________ _____________
      >
      > Sigurd Bruteig
      > www.made4u.no
      >
      >
      > "Andy Rigby" <ecol1111@yahoo .co.uk> skrev i melding
      > news:d7d8dd25.0 405100720.d90ea 12@posting.goog le.com...[color=green]
      > > I'm setting up a small network of 3 WinXp Pro machines and a shared
      > > Access database.
      > >
      > > I need to be able to send faxes from the copy of Access that's running
      > > on any of the machines, using VBA.
      > >[/color][/color]


      [color=blue][color=green]
      > > I've established that the WinXP fax software does not allow sharing,
      > > so I'm thinking about using Winfax 10 (apparently this version works
      > > on XP). I've not had any experience of WinFax.
      > >
      > > Question: I want to be able to load Winfax on one PC (the one that's
      > > got a modem attached) and then, on the other PC's, just load some
      > > WinFax 'client' software so that Access can 'print' to the shared fax
      > > 'printer' and send faxes.
      > >
      > > Has anyone done this with Access and Winfax? In particular, I need to
      > > be able to pass the recipient phone number via DDE or whatever so that
      > > the fax gets sent automatically.
      > >
      > > Andy[/color][/color]

      Comment

      • Siggy = Sigurd Bruteig

        #4
        Re: Access creating faxes

        Andy!

        In our office we have used Winfax to send and receive fax for several years.
        Before converting from W 98 to W XP, Winfax was not stable in network, but
        with Windows XP I have not experienced any problems. I was previously using
        code to send reports directly to Winfax from Access, but lately all our
        report is sent by e-mail, hence, I am not quite updated on this. As
        mentioned
        the Winfax is configured with one host and one or more clients. When you
        send a fax from the client it will go trough the host, regardless of it is
        sent by code or Winfax user interface. If you are interested, I will
        probably be able to "dig up" the code I previously used for this task.


        Sigurd Bruteig


        "Andy Rigby" <ecol1111@yahoo .co.uk> skrev i melding
        news:d7d8dd25.0 405110046.64ae8 adf@posting.goo gle.com...[color=blue]
        > Siggy
        >
        > Winfax 10.02 sounds good...are you sure that all the PC's running the
        > client software can send faxes via VBA procedures, and not just the
        > host PC?
        >
        > Is Winfax a fairly stable product? I was a bit worried to see that
        > Google no longer indexes the group
        > symantec.suppor t.network.winfa x.general. I assume that the product is
        > still being developed and supported?
        >
        > Andy
        >
        >
        >
        > "Siggy = Sigurd Bruteig" <s-brutexxx@online .no> wrote in message[/color]
        news:<01Tnc.639 $RL3.8028@news2 .e.nsc.no>...[color=blue][color=green]
        > > Hi
        > > Actually, the Winfax version running on Windows XP is 10.02 Winfax can[/color][/color]
        be[color=blue][color=green]
        > > run in network, and it is no difference if you code your own procedures,[/color][/color]
        or[color=blue][color=green]
        > > use Winfax GUI. When you install and configure Winfax you have to set[/color][/color]
        one[color=blue][color=green]
        > > computer as host, and the other computers in the network as clients.[/color][/color]
        Winfax[color=blue][color=green]
        > > can't be run on all ISDN cards, check Symantec supported cards.
        > >
        > >
        > > _______________ _____________
        > >
        > > Sigurd Bruteig
        > > www.made4u.no
        > >
        > >
        > > "Andy Rigby" <ecol1111@yahoo .co.uk> skrev i melding
        > > news:d7d8dd25.0 405100720.d90ea 12@posting.goog le.com...[color=darkred]
        > > > I'm setting up a small network of 3 WinXp Pro machines and a shared
        > > > Access database.
        > > >
        > > > I need to be able to send faxes from the copy of Access that's running
        > > > on any of the machines, using VBA.
        > > >[/color][/color]
        >
        >
        >[color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > I've established that the WinXP fax software does not allow sharing,
        > > > so I'm thinking about using Winfax 10 (apparently this version works
        > > > on XP). I've not had any experience of WinFax.
        > > >
        > > > Question: I want to be able to load Winfax on one PC (the one that's
        > > > got a modem attached) and then, on the other PC's, just load some
        > > > WinFax 'client' software so that Access can 'print' to the shared fax
        > > > 'printer' and send faxes.
        > > >
        > > > Has anyone done this with Access and Winfax? In particular, I need to
        > > > be able to pass the recipient phone number via DDE or whatever so that
        > > > the fax gets sent automatically.
        > > >
        > > > Andy[/color][/color][/color]



        Comment

        • Andy Rigby

          #5
          Re: Access creating faxes

          Siggy

          Thanks for all your help on this, it sounds just what I need. I would
          certainly like to have a look at the piece of code that sends the
          faxes.....it means I won't have to go searching elsewhere for it.

          Thanks again
          Andy

          "Siggy = Sigurd Bruteig" <s-brutexxx@online .no> wrote in message news:<bF8oc.691 $eH3.29093@news 4.e.nsc.no>...[color=blue]
          > Andy!
          >
          > In our office we have used Winfax to send and receive fax for several years.
          > Before converting from W 98 to W XP, Winfax was not stable in network, but
          > with Windows XP I have not experienced any problems. I was previously using
          > code to send reports directly to Winfax from Access, but lately all our
          > report is sent by e-mail, hence, I am not quite updated on this. As
          > mentioned
          > the Winfax is configured with one host and one or more clients. When you
          > send a fax from the client it will go trough the host, regardless of it is
          > sent by code or Winfax user interface. If you are interested, I will
          > probably be able to "dig up" the code I previously used for this task.
          >
          >
          > Sigurd Bruteig
          > www.made4u.no
          >
          > "Andy Rigby" <ecol1111@yahoo .co.uk> skrev i melding
          > news:d7d8dd25.0 405110046.64ae8 adf@posting.goo gle.com...[color=green]
          > > Siggy
          > >
          > > Winfax 10.02 sounds good...are you sure that all the PC's running the
          > > client software can send faxes via VBA procedures, and not just the
          > > host PC?
          > >
          > > Is Winfax a fairly stable product? I was a bit worried to see that
          > > Google no longer indexes the group
          > > symantec.suppor t.network.winfa x.general. I assume that the product is
          > > still being developed and supported?
          > >
          > > Andy
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > "Siggy = Sigurd Bruteig" <s-brutexxx@online .no> wrote in message[/color]
          > news:<01Tnc.639 $RL3.8028@news2 .e.nsc.no>...[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > Hi
          > > > Actually, the Winfax version running on Windows XP is 10.02 Winfax can[/color][/color]
          > be[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > run in network, and it is no difference if you code your own procedures,[/color][/color]
          > or[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > use Winfax GUI. When you install and configure Winfax you have to set[/color][/color]
          > one[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > computer as host, and the other computers in the network as clients.[/color][/color]
          > Winfax[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > can't be run on all ISDN cards, check Symantec supported cards.
          > > >
          > > >
          > > > _______________ _____________
          > > >
          > > > Sigurd Bruteig
          > > > www.made4u.no
          > > >
          > > >
          > > > "Andy Rigby" <ecol1111@yahoo .co.uk> skrev i melding
          > > > news:d7d8dd25.0 405100720.d90ea 12@posting.goog le.com...
          > > > > I'm setting up a small network of 3 WinXp Pro machines and a shared
          > > > > Access database.
          > > > >
          > > > > I need to be able to send faxes from the copy of Access that's running
          > > > > on any of the machines, using VBA.
          > > > >[/color]
          > >
          > >
          > >[color=darkred]
          > > > > I've established that the WinXP fax software does not allow sharing,
          > > > > so I'm thinking about using Winfax 10 (apparently this version works
          > > > > on XP). I've not had any experience of WinFax.
          > > > >
          > > > > Question: I want to be able to load Winfax on one PC (the one that's
          > > > > got a modem attached) and then, on the other PC's, just load some
          > > > > WinFax 'client' software so that Access can 'print' to the shared fax
          > > > > 'printer' and send faxes.
          > > > >
          > > > > Has anyone done this with Access and Winfax? In particular, I need to
          > > > > be able to pass the recipient phone number via DDE or whatever so that
          > > > > the fax gets sent automatically.
          > > > >
          > > > > Andy[/color][/color][/color]

          Comment

          Working...