Count Function - Help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Irfan

    #1

    Count Function - Help

    Hello,

    I am having some problem with count function.

    I have a report in which has grouping by a person wise and sub grouping in
    invoied status e.g.. the output will be

    Irfan Records (First Grouping by Person Wise)

    Total Number of Records = 30 (I am using count("*") funtion to get this and
    it works fine
    Total Number of Records not invoied (this is my problem, basically I wanted
    count function to count total number of records where invoice status = "not
    invoied") but it's not working I am using =count([invoicestatus]="not
    invoiced"] in the row sourse of the text box.

    Next I wanted to display total number of recrds which are invoiced so I am
    using count([invoicestatus]="Full invoiced"] in the row sourse of the text
    box. but it is not displaying the correct number.

    But it does not display the correct number. Please help with this.

    Regards,

    Irfan.
  • Bruce M. Thompson

    #2
    Re: Count Function - Help

    > Total Number of Records = 30 (I am using count("*") funtion to get this and[color=blue]
    > it works fine
    > Total Number of Records not invoied (this is my problem, basically I wanted
    > count function to count total number of records where invoice status = "not
    > invoied") but it's not working I am using =count([invoicestatus]="not
    > invoiced"] in the row sourse of the text box.[/color]

    You were close, but you want to "sum" that expression's resulting True/Value.
    Try:

    =Abs(Sum([invoicestatus]="not invoiced"))
    [color=blue]
    > Next I wanted to display total number of recrds which are invoiced so I am
    > using count([invoicestatus]="Full invoiced"] in the row sourse of the text
    > box. but it is not displaying the correct number.[/color]

    Try the same as above, only using "Full invoiced".

    --
    Bruce M. Thompson
    bthmpson@mvps.o rg (See the Access FAQ at http://www.mvps.org/access)[color=blue][color=green]
    >> NO Email Please. Keep all communications[/color][/color]
    within the newsgroups so that all might benefit.<<


    Comment

    Working...