Hi,
I have a solution I have written in VB.net. It consist of 2
projects. One of the projects is the setup application for the
installer. I created a batch file which includes the .msi from the
installer and upon running it uninstalls the application and
re-installs it.
I would like do all of this stuff (uninstall/reinstall) via the
custom actions of the installer.
How can I attach a custom action to the installer. I tried to find some
step-by-step examples - no luck. For example, to uninstall the
application I have the following commad line in the batch::
msiexec /x "GUID"
where guid is the unique identifier for the installed application. How
can I do the same
thing via the custom action? Any assistance is appreciated.
Regards,
I have a solution I have written in VB.net. It consist of 2
projects. One of the projects is the setup application for the
installer. I created a batch file which includes the .msi from the
installer and upon running it uninstalls the application and
re-installs it.
I would like do all of this stuff (uninstall/reinstall) via the
custom actions of the installer.
How can I attach a custom action to the installer. I tried to find some
step-by-step examples - no luck. For example, to uninstall the
application I have the following commad line in the batch::
msiexec /x "GUID"
where guid is the unique identifier for the installed application. How
can I do the same
thing via the custom action? Any assistance is appreciated.
Regards,