catching a system error

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rick Pasotto

    #1

    catching a system error

    Using Tkinter and tkFont I'm trying to display all the different fonts
    on my system. Mostly it works but some of the fonts bomb out. Perhaps
    because the font is defective or doesn't have a character that I'm
    trying to display. Anyway, even though I've got the code in a try/except
    block the program crashes with an error like this:

    X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 45 (X_OpenFont)
    Value in failed request: 0x2400094
    Serial number of failed request: 5573
    Current serial number in output stream: 5574

    How can I catch this error either before (by inspecting the font) or
    after so the program can continue?

    debian linux, python 2.3.4

    --
    Any fool can make a rule, and every fool will mind it. -Cousin Woodman
    Rick Pasotto rick@niof.net http://www.niof.net
Working...