ipython + gnu emacs on windows

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • madhusub@gmail.com

    #1

    ipython + gnu emacs on windows

    Has anyone managed to get ipython within gnu emacs (21.3.1) working on
    Windows XP?

    I've the following versions of required software
    Python 2.4.1
    IPython 0.6.15
    python-mode.el (defconst py-version "$Revision: 4.63 $"

    I have also installed other ancilliary packages (per
    http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/...:Under-Windows)

    Now when i do M-x py-shell, I get to the ipython shell with a bizarre
    prompt as follows

    ^A^BIn [^A^B1^A^B]: ^A^B
    ^A^BIn [^A^B1^A^B]: ^A^B?
    ---Return to continue, q to quit---

    If I type '?' without quotes as shown above, I get a single line
    (---Return to continue, q to quit--- ) and nothing else.

    Also any errors are not reported on the screen.

    Any ideas? Thanks for your help

    Note: invoking ipython for a regular nt cmd shell works just fine.

Working...